• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ww2 jeep stolen

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW ! ! !

As you said earlier, Prayers and Faith would bring closure to this.
I can only begin to imagine how you might be feeling right now. ELATION ?!?!?
I suppose it's like the father who welcomed his prodigal son home, huh? (Luke 15)

Good luck on Max's re-restoration.

What will you be doing differently regarding security after this experience?

:beer:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that you have your baby back, IMHO I would add a few kill switches, fuel shut off and the like. You see the good lord does answer prayer..!:D

SmarT

Sorry for taking so long to get back on. Yesterday was kinda crazy making and taking lots of calls trying to make sure all the word got out there. Still lots of work to do. Don't want someone calling me in when I am seen driving it around, haha.

So, the story is that the Parker Police found it sitting right at the corner of Delbert and County Line Road. It's unclear how long it has been sitting there but my guess is hours and not days. They must have waited till it was dark and trailered it in and left it (based on tire tracks in the dirt). All around is wide open fields so it would stick out like a sore thumb in daylight. I don't go that way enough to know how much traffic goes through but it is just down the road from a new housing development. So around 12.30 AM I got the call and rushed right over. The person on the phone said how glad they were that they found it, that they missed seeing it at Wal Mart. :) It reeked of bleach and was still soaking wet with it. It was just a miracle how well preserved it was over all, though. There were bird droppings and leaves all over the inside so it must have been sitting on (my guess) a larger piece of property outside under or near trees. That may be why no one saw it this whole time. From the odometer, best I can figure they only put about 5-10 miles on it. That may have been from pushing it around OR they may actually have figured how to start it. Don't know. I think all the heat I put out on them is the reason why there are hardly any miles on them. I calculate my gas based on the odometer reading since my gauge is broken and I just filled it up the day before it was taken that's how I can guesstimate the amount. The police asked me if I wanted them to process it or take it. They said they are unsure of how long it was sitting there and there could be many different prints plus the bleach doesn't help much. I made the decision to take it. So, there isn't much to go on as far as catching them unless I go through getting the video cleaned up but at the moment my priority is fixing the jeep. I'm just glad to have it back.

They smashed in the passenger side of the grill and damaged the c-channels on the tandem tow. Plus rubbed a lot of paint off from chains put around it. BUT, try as they might, they couldn't break the lock I had on the tandem. They smashed in the bottom edge of the bottom near the muffler. They tool box lids were bent back to see what was inside. They only got on lid open, they other they bent it up on three sides but still didn't get it open. They broke the lock on the rear seat storage box. The ignition switch is gone and they ripped out the wiring for my defroster switch. The spare tire bracket is smashed pretty good from pushing the jeep. At this point, most of the bleach is cleaned up and everything to be straightened is off and ready to be worked on.

As far as future security, I am getting 2 boots, one for the front and one for the back. They will be easy enough to carry around and can transfer to different vehicles I may drive. I will probably work on a chain system for the brake, shifter, and steering wheel. There will be other measures I will take as well. Here are the pictures

spare bracket

box lids and rear seat storage lock

bird droppings, at this point I had removed almost all of the leaves

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say get the video cleaned up - move this along as best you can, get them to take the prints they can, see where it takes you and the cops. Whether the jeep is home or not, the guilty should be found and punished, or they will do it again. My guess is they only returned it to you (in a sense) because they felt the heat turning up on them and wanted to get out easy. So turn the heat up to BROIL.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So happy to hear it except for the damage. Definitely not professionals. Hope they get caught, not that car theft or even murder these days results in what is deserved.

saddamsnightmare

September 10th, 2012.

Regrettably, Maddawg, Broil is not the temperature needed, "FRY" would be more appropriate. It is to be regretted we no longer hang car thieves like they used to do horse thieves. I am glad the SmarT's jeep is back,:beer: but I still regret that the perps in this case haven't gotten taken care of properly.:?

Friends of mine always say that capital punishment dissuades no one, but I have never seen the object of the exercise go out and commit another crime.....:-D

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have all heard, "Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord." But can we really "Let go. And let God" when it come to folks "messing with out stuff"???

Well, whether the perps are ever caught is really unimportant. God knows who did what. And one day they will face HIS judgement. I pray His mercy upon them for their sins. And I pray that they will turn from their wicked ways and repent - - - really REPENT - - - before it is too late for their own salvation.

Let's press on toward the re-restoration of this Jeep and it's return to it's "mission-ary" duty serving to "minister" to those who used these MV's in their military service.

Vaya con Dios!
(Go with God!)

John

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're a better man than I, John. Someone stole my jeep, I'd track them to the ends of the Earth.

Vengeance is mine, sayeth my 12-gauge.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're a better man than I, John. Someone stole my jeep, I'd track them to the ends of the Earth.

Vengeance is mine, sayeth my 12-gauge.

I hear you loud and clear.

There just comes a time when we reallize the it's all just "stuff". In fact it's ALL God's "stuff". When He calls us home, His "stuff" that we've been loaned/are borrowing all gets left behind to become someone else's "stuff" anyway.

My earthly being also craves revenge when wronged, but then I realize the truth and reality of the matter.... The earthly stuff is really just "stuff". My real treasures are in Heaven... As are yours.

Should we go after such "stuff" while we are here, or should we go after what's going to matter in the hereafter? Hmmmm.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Can't believe you did not get a lump in your throat when you recieved the call or (first) viewed your jeep standing there "waiting for you"!..So glad you got it back..It (the outcome) could have been so much worse..woudn't mind betting these perpetraitors "knew" (of) you..<re-united is HAPPINESS>

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOOO!!! Congrats! Glad they found it. If you hadn't had the heat up as high as you did, that cop may have driven past it on the side of the road for a week!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks