• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WW2 Scout Car on Pawn Stars

Wayofftrack

I'm surprised he offered him 11k. Way too much. Really it's so ugly he should pay someone to take it. Take off whatever real scout car parts there might be and crush the rest as soon as possible. I'd like to forget I saw it.

3dAngus

You can watch the show on the M3 here. Just click on "Wise Guys"
Pawn Stars — Pawn Stars Full Episodes — History.com Videos

The technical name for the modification is called a Resto-Mod. It is a business all in itself.
For instance, a stripped down body for a HMWWV might cost $10,000 without axles, or any kind of frame. The buyer would probably resto-mod it. It's not for everybody, especially the purist. I'm for all original myself, but even on my Ford Model A, I would opt to moderize the brakes from mechanical to hydraulic. There are limits.

dozer1

Some things that happen in Vegas really need to stay in Vegas. One would be the fake-O scout car, the other is Chumlee.
LOL

Just saw this last night. You know the owner might not have actually paid $25000.00 fo it and he was using that # to try and pump up the pawnshop guys. If so, it appeared to have no effect. If he really paid that, he should have "called in an expert" first

WarrenD

I'd like to find the guy who bought the scout car. I've got a 2000 Impala, all original, with 200K miles that is half way to being an antique. If he'd pay 25K for the scout car, I'm sure he'd give me plenty for my car!

Preacherboy

The Pawn shop guys make a lot of people mad because they reveal their stuff is fake, and Chumlee is very smart...his "character" on the show is stupid. If you watch that show enough you will see that Rick and the Old Man want to make money and they wouldn't keep Chum as an employee if he didn't know how to make money.

Actually, electronics and shoes are Chum's specialty.

dozer1

Interesting opinion on Chum there Preacherboy, but I would have to disagree. I have probably seen every episode and I think Chum is dumb as a box of rocks. Currently as the show is running, he is making the shop money though, because his dumbness is good for ratings. When the show isn't running anymore, he will probably still be there because he is a longtime family friend. I bet they dont pay him a heck of alot to take up space in the shop. I might want to add that I dont personally dislike Chum, he is funny and seems to be a good guy. I just think I have a smarter anvil in my shop.

Preacherboy

You are welcome to disagree dozer! I have probably seen every episode too and he actually knows things about shoes and electronics and probably lots of other things; but everyone knows "reality" TV is still all scripted and Chum is playing a character.

Like I said, in my opinion if Chumlee wasn't making the shop money he wouldn't be working there unless it was simply minimum wage cleaning up stuff; obviously he does more than that and makes more than that. I highly doubt they would just give him stuff, he is much smarter than the show portrays him.

Takai13

Remember Pawn Stars is a show. So they are playing to the masses. And Chumlee's "character" is good for ratings. I don't think Chum is as foolish as they make him out to be. Every once in a while he makes a comment or says something that denotes he actually has intelligence. He plays his part very well on the show.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks