• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII and Veterans Weekend

hatman

We were told at a meeting with Parks and Rec Director that the city of St Clair Shores is remodeling the park and because of that, they didn't want another WWII show at Veterans Memorial Park. Last year the main reason we held our event at VMP was to rise money to support the rebuilding of the war memorial. We did that with over 6k raised. We raised the money and were not invited to the dedication, our feeling were not hurt, we just thought it was a oversight on someones part.
We agreed to be a 1/3 partner with the city parks and rec, 1/3, and the city of scs activities comm, 1/3, to hold this event again at the same location. Well the activities comm fell apart and the city decided to step in and take their place, which means they are a 2/3's share hold, they get to make all the decisions.
Joe and Paul were last show directors and we all decided , why not, let them do it again, wow, big mistake. They operated on NO Budget, didn't have a clue where money was coming from. When asked " do we have money for this?" told to never mind, we are in charge.
Well large and in charge put us over budget for the show, sure everybody had fun, but you have to have some fisco responsibility, when you are spending other people money. The Detroit Arsenal of Democracy Museum brought in $2800 in donations for the show, without that, I don't know where we would be?

Joe and Paul have been dismissed as show directors
, they worked for the partners of the show and never had any legal right to the show or the name, the name is owned by the museum, and is given for use to our partners for the show, 2011 will be out 4th annual show using that name. Museum owns the website veterans weekend .com.

The Museum and Arsenal of Democracy Motor Pool will have the 2011 WWII and Veterans weekend show at another location, we have several in mind, large enough for battles, Vehicles and Vender's. We will will be working in concert with Reef Renforth on this project.We have agreement with our Canadian friends and the Ohio Motor pool to support each others events, we will not have our events on the same weekends as theirs, so that we may all support the others events.
Please check our website for upcoming details

www.veteransweekend.com

Thanks for supporting our events!

You folks have been so kind to support our events, I just thought you deserved an explanation.

Flyingvan911

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to coordinate and get things done. What do we need to do? When do we need to be ready? Where are we going to do this? It's simple.

Atomic

It's simple untill you involve anyone who gets a tax payer check.

Don't get me wrong, there are the good ones. My mother buys bulldozers for FL forestry. :mrgreen:

hatman

We always sterted with the best intentions, the museum and motor pool did their fair share and much more.
I never let the small few steal my joy of this hobby!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks