• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII Armor Battle KY Oct 2-4 ATTN: Re-enactors

Tranham

All,

Web site is updated for the South Historic Armor Education Foundation's (SHAEF) Armor Battle for France 1944 event. www.wwiibattle.org.

We need you to attend! The site is amazing. Thousands of acres with huge rolling fields they burn off each year. 120 miles of roads. Clean, new barracks or your own private room with cable tv, large bed and refrigerator. Mess hall and canteen. Register early and save $5 and save another $5 if your unit has 15 or more people attending. Vehicle owners are free.

This is shaping up to be one of the largest vehicle events in the country.

4 Stuart tanks (maybe 5)
Several Halftracks
Several CCKWs
White Scout Car
WC52's
WC62
Weasel
Chevy 1 1/2 ton
Jeeps
Antitank /artillery guns

The list continues to grow. I am expecting to add more armor very soon!

We will be set up at the MVPA convention in Evansvlle, IN this year. Come and see us there!

Robert Nitsche

B3.3T

Sounds good but aren't you going to need a few Germans, too? Looks like it might be a bit pointless otherwise...

KyCUCVs

They made a good choice. The Wendell H. Ford Regional Training Center (WHFRTC) is a great facility. It’s located on the Western Kentucky Parkway, halfway between I-65 and I-24 on KY-181. I understand that Howard Hammonds salvage yard used to be right down the road. I spent a lot of time at WHFRTC during my Ky National Guard time. The quarters are the best. One and two man rooms with TV, DVD/VCR, phone, refrigerator, coffee maker, and individual AC/heat. Soft drink and ice machines are in the common area. You share a latrine with another room, but for military quarters, you can’t beat ‘em. The barracks are great too. Double stack bunks, foot lockers and modern latrine facilities. The mess facility is number one and the classroom facilities are state of the art.

The training area was built on a reclaimed strip mine. Originally there were no trees, but that has changed over the years. The terrain is gently rolling, perfect for tanks. I spent many a weekend running M1’s all over the place. Really miss those days. There is also a good road network around the training area. Any body that brings a vehicle to the event will have a good time.

Hope to be there myself.

Tranham

Attention: Oct 2-4 Wendell Ford Battle Update

All,

I wanted to drop everyone a quick note on the upcoming Armor Battle for France tactical battle near Greenville, KY. Everything is coming together. Here are the key points.

#1 Web site is fully up and running – www.wwiibattle.org
#2 Registration is now open
#3 If you want a bunk/room or meal at the mess hall you need to pre-register by Aug 24th.
#4 The largest units registered by Sept 1 get to chose the overall Allied/Axis commanders.
#5 Vehicle owners need to send me pictures of your toys so I can post them on the site.
#6 New medic rules added
#7 Look for the SHAEF, Inc staff set up at the 2009 MVPA convention in Evansville, IN Aug 6-8
#8 A full page color ad for this battle is in the next MVPA supply line magazine.
#9 More armor is coming than listed, look for an announcement soon.
#10 All you can eat Saturday Breakfast option at the mess hall has been added
#11 $5 discount for units of 15 or more
#12 Barracks bays reserved for larger units
#13 Private rooms with cable TV, Refrigerator, coffee makers, alarm clock, etc
#13 Period Camping for both Allied and Axis
#14 Canteen on site with a great deli
#15 Ambulance will be on site during the battle

Don’t miss this event. We have an incredible facility at Wendell Ford with thousands of acres to use. The barracks and private rooms are all new construction.

Wendell H Ford Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2aCfmZHd24

Robert Nitsche

Southern Historic Armor Education Foundation, Inc

Tranham

All,

Just a quick reminder that pre-registration ends in under 1 month if you want a barracks bunk, private room or mess hall meal.

Also the attendance page was updated with new units and vehicles. Thank you 30th, 29th, 6th Cavalry, 1st SS, and 101st. If you are planning to attend email me so I can list your unit!

Thanks to Tim Baltz and John McGee for commiting to bring out their CCWKs. Also Bob Grabbe of 1st SS for commiting his Demag and 50mm Pak gun. And Ron Hargrove who is shipping his M36 Jackson tank destoyer all the way from Florida. I will have the M36 up on the web site as soon as I get a good picture of it. We are working on getting more German vehicles very soon. At least 1 German Halftrack for certain and hopefully much more.

Robert Nitsche

615-418-2073

www.wwiibattle.org

Tranham

Armor Battle for France at the Wendell H Ford Regional Training center Greenville, KY UPDATE

Pre-registration is quickly coming to an end in one week. Get your paperwork in a mailbox and post marked by Monday Aug 24th. This is your only chance to stay in the barracks, a private room or get a meal at the mess hall. We have to have exact numbers 30 days prior to the event for lodging and food. So please get those out ASAP.

If you miss this cut off date you still have until September 25th to register but you better be camping or coming in on Sat morning. No walk ons!

Other news:

MOUT site now reserved for the battle

New units and vehicles being added to the web site every week

We will have a M88 tank retriever for any stuck vehicles

Ambulance on site during the battle, just in case

Don’t forget, the largest Allied and Axis units registered by September 5th will have the option of choosing the overall commanders.

Maps of battle area available on request. Email WWIIBATTLE@hotmail.com for yours

This is shaping up to be one the best events in the country, Don’t miss out!

Robert Nitsche
Darrell Fisher
Ben Lowry

Southern Historical Armor Education Foundation, Inc

www.wwiibattle.org

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks