• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII trailer from Dry Branch GA to Oshkosh WI

dogtags

Military Veterans Museum and Education Center in Oshkosh, WI just purchased this WWII Fuel Servicing 2,000-gallon Type F-2 Semitrailer. It is located at the GSA yard in Dry Branch GA. It needs to be moved out of their yard within 3 weeks (by Nov 17th, 2017).

Weight is estimated at about 8,000 lbs. It is about 270" from nose to rear bumper, 96" wide, and 102" tall when sitting level.

The GSA employee says he has a forklift and will help load out. We have equipment up here to unload.

MVM fuel trailer 01.jpg
MVM fuel trailer 03.jpg
MVM fuel trailer 04.jpg
MVM fuel trailer 05.jpg
WWII F-2 01.jpg
WWII F-2 02.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good eye to catch what that is. I saw it on GSA but did not make the connection. Will be an incredible museum display next to a warbird.

dogtags

Good eye to catch what that is. I saw it on GSA but did not make the connection. Will be an incredible museum display next to a warbird.
Thanks for the kind words. We already have the Autocar tractor to haul the trailer. We’ve been looking for a trailer for a few years so we are very happy this one popped up.

It will be the star of the Warbirds Living History Group encampment once finished. Here is a quick pic of our CCKW refueler hailing troops out to a photo shoot.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I could probably handle this within the time frame. Shoot me a pm with your budget. I can have a local member go look at it to make sure my trailer type wont have an issue.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dogtags

The trailer arrived in MVMEC's yard yesterday afternoon. Got a good deal on a back haul from a commercial trucking firm.

IMG_5436[1].jpg
The trailer in our yard. The tank and frame appears to be steel but all the skirting is aluminum.

IMG_5402[1].jpg
Turns out it is a 1941 Standard Steel Works ACRF-2 trailer. Anyone know the difference between this trailer and a F-2?

SSW ACRF in WWII.jpg
A historic photo of a Standard Steel Works (SSW) fuel trailer. It is a bit different than the ACRF-2.

SSW F-2 in WWII 02.jpg
I believe this is another SSW trailer. Just another reference pics for what it will look like someday. :)

Thanks for all who gave us quotes and advice.

~Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks