• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII USMC Veteran Goes For A Tank Ride

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
I had my M3A1 Stuart tank on display at the Oktoberfest in Mt. Angel, Oregon today along with a M41 Walker Bulldog, 1/2 track, a couple WWII Jeeps, M35A3 & M715. While we there Col. George Watson USMC Ret. stopped by. (The story of how we first met is in the link below). I took George, his granddaughter and husband for a tank ride through town. Once again I had the honor of honoring one of the greatest generation of Veterans.
Steve:cool:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/73542-wwii-usmc-veteran-goes-tank-ride.html

Attachments

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Good job.....those guys deserve all the respect we can give them....I met a lot of them when I was in the 87th Training Support Division (the 87th Infantry Division fought at the Battle of the Bulge and took very high casulties).

I never met one that was boastful or high faluting.......they all said they were just doing their job and were glad to get back to the US after it was over.

I'm sure you made an old soldiers day.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

srodocker

That is awesome. so all those vehicles urs? what you doing saturday? should drive up even in a civi up north to roy for the day. bbq and hanging out with other steel soldiers should be about 25 of us

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stuart Tank

Hello,
Only the Stuart tank belongs to me. Thanks for the invite but I am hauling my tank to Lincoln City on the Oregon coast for anther event honoring Veterans next weekend.
Thanks,
Steve8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks