• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WWII Weekend in St.Louis, April 25-27 2008

54reo

Are any SteelSoldiers members planning on attending? The family and I went last year, and had a blast! Just thought it would be a chance for some of us "midwesterners" to meet.

I plan on driving the deuce there on Saturday.

http://www.2ndrangers.org/

These are the guys that sponsor the show....

54reo

Getting close to this event, so I thought I would bump it.

As I have been on the road for work, I will not be driving the deuce but I will be there on Saturday. This is a great event for the family.

54reo

Finally getting around to posting pics of the event.

Met "Stan" from SS there by coincidence. Great guy with a really nice M35A2!

It was nice to finally meet you Stan. (p.s. thanks for delivering the tool box)

A reenacting event with several mock battles, living camp with Americans, Germans, Russians, Italians,...

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Looks like fun! Woulda killed to see that schwimmwagen and the troop-carrier SdKfZ halftrack. Nice Deuces and 5 ton there as well

54reo

Re: RE: WWII Weekend in St.Louis, April 25-27 2008

Capt.Marion said:
Looks like fun! Woulda killed to see that schwimmwagen and the troop-carrier SdKfZ halftrack. Nice Deuces and 5 ton there as well
That was the first time I ever witnessed a "schwimmwagen" in person. It was quite an interesting vehicle to say the least.

MoAllen

RE: Re: RE: WWII Weekend in St.Louis, April 25-27 2008

WOW, I am sorry I missed that, If they have it next year, I will bring a Bradly Fighting Vehicle

54reo

Re: RE: Re: RE: WWII Weekend in St.Louis, April 25-27 2008

MoAllen said:
WOW, I am sorry I missed that, If they have it next year, I will bring a Bradly Fighting Vehicle
Almost certain that it will be held again in '09, it has been happening for 20+ years, but he web site for it is still showing the '08 dates.

You own a Bradly?

Pics man!!

nopics

Stan

AARRRR I was planning on going Saturday the 25 (bigger crowd I think) but I just checked my schedule and I work.

What are your plans Reo?

For anyone who has never been it's pretty neat. Lots of stuff to see.

54reo

I am planning to drive the UniMog there on Saturday.

I understand there is an area that the non-WW2 MVs gather - is that correct?
That is correct. It is at the front of the whole thing, directly across from where everyone parks.