WY/CO Chapter

SgtMajHarper

Purchased M1123 in September 2019, received in December 2019. Went into Avon, CO DMV (Eagle County) for temp plates so I can get a VIN inspection and was turned away. They said there was no way to get CO plates on a surplus military vehicle for on-road purposes.

Note: I called DMV back in September during my research and they said no problem. All depends on who you talk to and what mood they are in!
There are mixed results from all over the state with some guys getting plates with no problem and other guys being told no way; some have been told that their current registration is going to be cancelled and their current "road worthy" titles confiscated and have off road use only titles re-issued. We're trying to get some traction on "something' to take to the legislature this year and start getting hold of law makers to fix this blatant abuse of DOR's misinterpretation of the current law.

Another Ahab

There are mixed results from all over the state with some guys getting plates with no problem and other guys being told no way; some have been told that their current registration is going to be cancelled and their current "road worthy" titles confiscated and have off road use only titles re-issued. We're trying to get some traction on "something' to take to the legislature this year and start getting hold of law makers to fix this blatant abuse of DOR's misinterpretation of the current law.
There's only like 35 people total who live in the whole state of Wyoming, right?

Can't you all just get together over a beer and hammer all this out?!

TJinSD

Purchased M1123 in September 2019, received in December 2019. Went into Avon, CO DMV (Eagle County) for temp plates so I can get a VIN inspection and was turned away. They said there was no way to get CO plates on a surplus military vehicle for on-road purposes.

Note: I called DMV back in September during my research and they said no problem. All depends on who you talk to and what mood they are in!
On the bright side, the police will be saving a lot of vehicle registration money by not being able to register their previous military vehicles for on-road use. Right??

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

JW7tonWY

This thread stated out with people wanting a meet and greet possibility, I have an option coming up in about two weeks. Near Casper there is a machine gun and cannon shoot and we have an informal get together of those in the area with various trucks and other vehicles - ex military from around the world, there is camping (dry) and a bit of room to give rides and stuff as it is way out of town. Plus you can go shoot machine guns. I got to cross off my bucket list shooting a 50 off a half track would have never thought that possible before.

Sorry I didn't join up with this board sooner to put this out there. I know the guys that put on the shoot and they all want to see all the steel soldiers that can be found.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread stated out with people wanting a meet and greet possibility, I have an option coming up in about two weeks. Near Casper there is a machine gun and cannon shoot and we have an informal get together of those in the area with various trucks and other vehicles - ex military from around the world, there is camping (dry) and a bit of room to give rides and stuff as it is way out of town. Plus you can go shoot machine guns. I got to cross off my bucket list shooting a 50 off a half track would have never thought that possible before.

Sorry I didn't join up with this board sooner to put this out there. I know the guys that put on the shoot and they all want to see all the steel soldiers that can be found.
I’d love to go to this event but driving a deuce (M35A2) Gun Truck from Cheyenne to Casper is a bit more that I can handle. Give me a couple weeks to get there and a week to recover, I might make it. That is if I can get a kitchen pass for that length of time. I do not see it happening in my lifetime ☹. Regardless, having my gun truck at a machine gun shoot and possibly shooting from it, I’d probably embarrass myself...

Attachments

JW7tonWY

I’d love to go to this event but driving a deuce (M35A2) Gun Truck from Cheyenne to Casper is a bit more that I can handle. Give me a couple weeks to get there and a week to recover, I might make it. That is if I can get a kitchen pass for that length of time. I do not see it happening in my lifetime ☹. Regardless, having my gun truck at a machine gun shoot and possibly shooting from it, I’d probably embarrass myself...
I could probably get you a free slot to shoot from and you can charge others to shoot from your truck....and at 35MPH from Cheyenne via Laramie and medicine bow, is only 170 miles only take about 5-7 hours with pit stops, I can lead you in my M715 and I would have to drive to Cheyenne first.

It would be an adventure.;)

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could probably get you a free slot to shoot from and you can charge others to shoot from your truck....and at 35MPH from Cheyenne via Laramie and medicine bow, is only 170 miles only take about 5-7 hours with pit stops, I can lead you in my M715 and I would have to drive to Cheyenne first.

It would be an adventure.;)
It sounds like a great time! Unfortunately, I am not physically able to drive that far. I was a bit too wild in my younger days. Bad knees, back, neck, feet, and more. I appreciate the offer! If they have a shoot in the Cheyenne area, I’ll jump at the chance. Okay, jump won’t happen. But a shoot? Awesome!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks