• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wyoming to Georgia 4000 miles for a cargo bed

greenmonster

Done....it is done..here is the pics of it going on the truck. It was not as pretty as using the big wrecker to pull it was but she is on as well as the extra tool box.

Attachments

greenmonster

The stands were just to keep it from squashing me if the chains came off we had to trim down the boards and drill new holes in the channel under the bed. So we were working under that mess. But we got it handled, I would say that next time i will cut it about 6 in shorter I would like the lower edge a little closer to the edge of the tire but having the side board stake pockets evenly spaced made it worth it. The bed was 4 feet longer than the frame section I wanted it to sit on and we cut out three feet. I like the way it came out. Once I make the receiver hitch it may look better but so far I think it looks good.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's really nice, looks really good and I am kind of a purist so that's high praise. You guys work fast too. I'd still be unloading it.
<p>
Clever use of the tranny jacks.
<p>
One question: What is your plan for side racks / cargo cover? I suppose if you want them they'll have to be custom made. Nice welding too. Wish my stuff looked like that.

Last edited:

greenmonster

Thanks for the compliment, there was a bit of a miss understanding with the side rails I thought they came with the bed and they did not, I did not bring enough cash with me to buy them and my wife was not thrilled about finding an atm and going back out there so I bought the head ache rack and that was it. Plus I didn't know how long it was going to take me to get the bed all done and that would have been one more thing to do. Also I don't need any side boards or canvas for what I am going to do with it so for now that is just the way it is going to be. Maybe one day I will figure that out but for now it is fine.