• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-15 Rocket Plane Flight Manual (.pdf)

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Everything you wanted to know about USAF's X-15 rocket plane but were afraid to ask.

X-15 Flight Manual

Click the title area at top (red) to see the complete manual.
Click the lower links to see separate sections.

To download it (.pdf) - right click, click save link as , then save.

zout

I just want a ride in the flying saucer from Roswell they have - might need a flight manual on that forehand as well.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just want a ride in the flying saucer from Roswell they have - might need a flight manual on that forehand as well.

Zout,
You'll also need language classes for that one - It's NOT written in English.

BTW: My wife was a German Linguist in the Army. She's "gifted" in picking up languages AND she was born in Roswell, NM almost exactly 20 years after the crash landing.... I DO BELIEVE that the gestation period for alien babies also happens to be 20 years! She might be able to translate that manual for you.

Coincidence?...... NOT ! ! !

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought the DVD X-15 on e-bay a few years ago. I really enjoy it. The Air Force gave the producer a lot of support as it is full of real footage in the air and on the ground. Lots of MV's, crash trucks, B52's, F100's, a Piasecki H-21, a few F-104's...Film is in color and dates around 1961. Charles Bronson has a part as does Jimmy Stewart. Attached below is a clip from the film. I noticed it is now on TPB. The wiki says, 'As of 2011, it holds the official world record for the fastest speed ever reached by a manned rocket-powered aircraft", U-tube has a slideshow of the damage it sustained during that flight.

Mach 6.7, pretty impressive, and 45y ago.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHuBsBOF4R8&feature=related[/media]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-15_(film)

Attachments