• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X door cracking issue

Is it common for the OEM X doors to crack around the hinges? I have herd of this issue but I wasn't sure how common it really is. If it is fairly common are there any ways to prevent it from happening? I have seen these hinge braces
s-l640.jpg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had many doors...none were cracked around hinges.
Somebody must of hung on the door.
Those are after market plates and not needed.

I did a few searches, but didn't find anything so i assumed that cracks were caused from abuse.
F.M.P. sells them. If the cracking was common, I was just going to make a set
thanks

dilvoy

I've seen a couple of basic x doors with a crack just rearward of the upper hinge. I think it is from being swung forward without the limit strap being in place.
I had thought that it would never happen to me, but after installing X doors onto a Humvee and using brand new limit straps. I had the door open and a big gust of wind pushed the door forward, snapped the limit strap and the door hit the lower hinge of the mirror. Luckily no crack, but it was a violent event! Learned my lesson right then. I had used limit straps for the soft doors. They have a stamped steel bracket which will cut the strap if stressed enough. The proper strap has the same bracket that has been dipped in some sort of rubbery black stuff to keep the strap from being cut.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soft door straps are thin, true x-door straps are thick and made specifically for the heavier doors.
a supplemental door will tear a softdoor strap in seconds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks