• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X Door glass replacement

04sshd

Can anyone throw some insight at me on how to replace the Glass in the X doors? I bought a set of doors and there are a few sheets of laminated glass that have some cracks. Seller included new glass but I have no idea what all is involved in replacing the glass. From what I see, I need to drill the rivets to get the glass frame out. Before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone knows the best way to pull the frames apart. And is there anything that holds the aluminum trim around the glass together besides the rubber seal? TIA

Action

There are 2 rubber stoppers on each door at the bottom of the window tracks. Take the two bolts out of each. Pull the window knob out and slide the window all the way out of the tracks towards the door bottom. There is one phillips screw at each corner of the window frame. Remove those and pull the frame apart.
No rivets at all.
I found it easier to turn the frame upside down on flat ground and remove the bottom two screws first. This will allow you to put pressure on the screws. Then flip over and remove two top screws. You will likely snap a couple screw heads. Hopefully, there will be enough left sticking out to get some vise grips on.

EDIT: I forgot the armrest screws.

Last edited: