• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-Door Seals -- OEM or non-OEM?

rjf189

I need to replace the seals on my x-doors. There are OEM (link) and non-OEM (link) versions available. The non-OEM version is 3M and sticks on.

The person I spoke to at FMP recommended the non-OEM, saying it is not as stiff and seals better. That makes a certain amount of sense but wanted to poll the brain trust before I pulled the trigger. Thanks very much in advance for your thoughts.

Action

Ask for a pic of the more expensive non-OEM gasket installed. What are you supposed to stick it to? There is a channel all the way around the door.
adjust the doors properly and you will get a better seal.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Not the REAL DEAL, OEM parts for X door gaskets. OK for on the cheap hobby replacement. Factory OEM are front, left and right with molded corners. Rear doors continuous strip all around. Not so cheap either.

Peel and stick or plug and pray could work, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks