• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

X-Doors: Way to quiet them down ?

JoeJrTheBarber

Question:

Got to drive my M998 with the new to me X doors for the first time on it this past weekend and the things rattle / shimmy / shake like a MF'er.
I have really had no time to look into what could be the cause or a fix but are these known to be loud ? Any fixes I should look into / be aware of ?
TWOinchLIFT.jpg
Thanks in advance...

avman

Try putting a top on it. The air over the front pressurizes the cab area. Mine don't rattle but do transmit sound. I plan on putting on the armor panels to reduce the sound and to make the doors a little more solid.

911joeblow

Add Dynamat to the inside and then add felt to the sliders to take up the gap on the windows. Super quiet when done.

kzeyus

Put the felt side of outdoor velcro 3/4" in the window tracks - run all the way down so works both with windows up and down. Replace felt window seals - again run all the way down so works with windows up and down. Tighten up the window frames and pins the rollers run on if loose. Replace rollers if worn. Check where the door release bar enters and exits the arm rest - tends to wear through the plastic and then rattle - put some heavy heat shrink tubing over these areas. Makes quite a difference, but still some noise on gravel roads. You can only reduce it - not eliminate it ;-)

tanhmmwv

I have mine Line-x'd, looks nice, but does nothing for sound. This video above is what will make the most difference! I tried it and it works!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks