• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XL15.5/80R/20 tires on Deuce

flyxpl

Will XL15.5/80R/20 fit on a Deuce ? Are they the same highth as 395's but a little wider ? I would like a bit more width then the 395's but just wanted to check on clearence issues .

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
15.5 inches is equivalent to 395 metric, so the same width. However, an 80% aspect ratio will give you a tire that's just under 45 inches tall, which is a plus IMHO (vs 85 or even 100%). Don't gamble with the CG, I think Gimpy can tell you more about that.
The wheel (rim) should be at least 11 inches wide, so the deuce wheel is too narrow.

flyxpl

15.5 inches is equivalent to 395 metric, so the same width. However, an 80% aspect ratio will give you a tire that's just under 45 inches tall, which is a plus IMHO (vs 85 or even 100%). Don't gamble with the CG, I think Gimpy can tell you more about that.
The wheel (rim) should be at least 11 inches wide, so the deuce wheel is too narrow.
Thanks for the correction I checked some specs and they are both the same width . I must of looked at the 14.5 specs instead of the 395 .

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The tire had nothing to do with my flop, it was the inertia of my truck sliding down a hill sideways and the sudden stop at the bottom. Would have happened on 1100s too.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, that inertia is what got it over the CG... would have taken more if you have had the original dual 900's, so the location of the CG is critical.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Never would have made it to half the spots I did without the ground clearance. 6 of 1, half a dozen the other. I like the road speed more than anything. I doubt this truck will EVER see 900s, unless they are on a truck parked next to it. :lol:

Jakob

Well, that inertia is what got it over the CG... would have taken more if you have had the original dual 900's, so the location of the CG is critical.
The original 900's probably would have just kept slidingrofl

Seriously, I'm sure the CG has some effect but like Gimpy said, had it not been for the tires, he wouldn't have been there anyway. The isn't any benefit that doesn't have a drawback. You just have to compensate accordingly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks