• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM 118 Info This looks to have electric brakes?

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have now a XM 118 6 ton trailer the date on the data plate says 4/1952. This trailer looks to have electric brakes on it. I have not torn into it yet I was just looking at it being a new purchase. I came in and looked at the trailer TM's there is a m 118 but the TM shows them to have air or air over hydraulic brakes. I am wandering if someone might have some info on this? I have a M 221 that I think this will fit nice behind.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The WWII version of this trailer had electric brakes, so I'm guessing the XM did not have the final version's brake setup. There is a M series electric brake controller kit that clamps to the steering column to adjust the stopping effort. It looks like a soup can with a rheostat knob sticking out the top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks