• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM 211 Master Cylinder

cmaas

What a lot of great information on this forum! Now I have a question and haven't found the answer in search.

I've got an XM211 that is used as a fire truck. The master cylinder needs replacing as the pits in the bore are too deep to hone out. I got a new one from Memphis and it looks basically the same. The main difference is that it won't accept the threaded fill pipe that came off the old one. In a pinch I can fabricate up some way to get that fill pipe on there but my questions are do I need that pipe and is there any other reason this master cylinder might not fit?

I've read that there are similar looking master cylinders but that have a check valve. This new one doesn't look to have any parts the old one didn't have.

Any opinions? Thanks.

cmaas

Wait, I was wrong. The new one does have a check valve. The weird thing is so did the old one (I didn't realize what the little dome shaped thing was) but I think it was reversed so it was on the piston side and didn't do anything. Anyway it sounds like I don't want a check valve in there. So that still leaves me with the fill pipe question.

USMC 00-08

You don't want the check valve in there if you still have the original airpak installed.

I have heard that the pipe gives added capacity since you have 12 wheel cylinders on the truck. The cap has a vent on the top and that cap can't be used without the pipe. If the pipe doesn't fit, I would send the master cylinder back and get the one we have listed in our parts list here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?137722-G749-Parts-List

It worked great for me. The black plastic cap on there was just to keep anything out. I used the cap that is original to the truck when I installed the master cylinder
1221151657a.jpg1221151715.jpg

Here is what the original airpak looks like.
100_2709.jpg

cmaas

Thanks for that. The Napa one sounds like the way to go. I just talked to them and they can order me one for $220. So a little pricey but oh well.

That air pack looks just like mine as near as I can tell. Minus the dirt and rust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks