• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM 211 Master Cylinder

cmaas

What a lot of great information on this forum! Now I have a question and haven't found the answer in search.

I've got an XM211 that is used as a fire truck. The master cylinder needs replacing as the pits in the bore are too deep to hone out. I got a new one from Memphis and it looks basically the same. The main difference is that it won't accept the threaded fill pipe that came off the old one. In a pinch I can fabricate up some way to get that fill pipe on there but my questions are do I need that pipe and is there any other reason this master cylinder might not fit?

I've read that there are similar looking master cylinders but that have a check valve. This new one doesn't look to have any parts the old one didn't have.

Any opinions? Thanks.

cmaas

Wait, I was wrong. The new one does have a check valve. The weird thing is so did the old one (I didn't realize what the little dome shaped thing was) but I think it was reversed so it was on the piston side and didn't do anything. Anyway it sounds like I don't want a check valve in there. So that still leaves me with the fill pipe question.

USMC 00-08

You don't want the check valve in there if you still have the original airpak installed.

I have heard that the pipe gives added capacity since you have 12 wheel cylinders on the truck. The cap has a vent on the top and that cap can't be used without the pipe. If the pipe doesn't fit, I would send the master cylinder back and get the one we have listed in our parts list here.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?137722-G749-Parts-List

It worked great for me. The black plastic cap on there was just to keep anything out. I used the cap that is original to the truck when I installed the master cylinder
1221151657a.jpg1221151715.jpg

Here is what the original airpak looks like.
100_2709.jpg

cmaas

Thanks for that. The Napa one sounds like the way to go. I just talked to them and they can order me one for $220. So a little pricey but oh well.

That air pack looks just like mine as near as I can tell. Minus the dirt and rust.