• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM-813 / Road trip home / Front axle question

SFCBush

Just acquired an XM-813 about a 100 miles from home. I need to drive back after I get the insurance and title/registration squared away.

I've driven and been assigned a lot M35 deuces over the years, but never a 5Ton.

All the Deuces I've dealt with had air shift or some type of front axle disconnect. The 5 Ton -10 does not mention any disconnect, and the current owner concurs.

So is this a full time 6x6? Jjust how does this work. My '78 Blazer was full time 4x4, there was a differential in the NP203 transfer case, or something to that effect, is that what I have?

Thanks in advance.

groundog

:) sfc bush--- I also have a m-813 and retired from the army--I live in Wittmann---maybe we can get together and take the trucks out for some exercise---Groundog

SFCBush

Will Do

groundog

Glad to hear from you, you're not far away.

After I get this truck PMCS'd, maybe we can head up there.

Most of my normal driving will be in the Saddle Mountain area where we go shooting, and further out west into Harquhala Valley.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks