• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM105E dated 06-53

txdodge43man

OK I did a search for M105 data plates and did not find what I was looking for. So im posting this. I am trying to find if anyone knows or has new Data plates for the m105 trailer. Even more unlikly a data plate fo a XM105E. Or dose anyone know of a good way to restore a old plate without messing up the black paint. I know this is a lot of question but ive never restored a trailer before and don't know were to start.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it were mine, I'd do what I could to retain the original data plate. Old paint for the most part can be removed with DOT3 brake fluid and patience. Some of the color can be restored with light applications of very fine steel wool. They are pretty easy to hammer the edges straight, just use a light hammer and take your time. To control color fading a clearcoat can help once the data plate is fixed. I also have a 1953 Fruehauf XM105E3 VIN AV246499

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black magic marker can restore the scratches on them too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks