• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm1061 brake question?

EO2NMCB

From the TM is this true? (3) The XM979 and XM1061 can be towed safely by a vehicle without airbrake connections through the
use of the inertia brake system.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
On a side note I have a German made TFK250 with an inertia brake system (surge brake) it is over 2,000 lbs empty and it works pretty good, but is jerky at stops and is less than 1/2 the weight of an empty 1061. I have pulled both behind my 3500 Chevy box van with class 4 hitch, my 1061 was empty and w/o inertia brake. Took back highways with the 1061 no high speed maneuvers or sudden stops and still managed to bend the very end of my trucks frame just a little, took several days before I realized that my bumper step was lower on one side than the other. The only way I will pull a 1061 now is with air.2cents

EO2NMCB

I have a 53' stepdeck with ramps, I'm hoping that GP will push it up on the trailer. I see from the pictures in the yard, they have a bunch of construction equipment, my hope is they may have a ramp at The Springfield Illinois location.