• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm1061a1 or xm1073 lower draw bar questions?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a xm1061a1, I see there is a fixed lunette on the top and a 6x6? lower square draw bar for another lunette. Show the same on the xm1073.

How does that draw bar attach? Is there a pin or bolt?

The tm shows that some of those lower draw bars have an inertia/surge brake inside. Do all lower bar equipped trailers have a surge brake in addition to the air over hydraulic? The pictures on the tm of the inertia brake do not look like the trailers I have seen photos with the what looks like a fixed lunette on a lower draw bar instead of an lunette that collapses to activate brakes?

I would appreciate pictures of any trailers with the lower draw bar installed with or without inertia brakes?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found that very few of these trailers had the surge brake. Typically only when towed behind something armor they used the lower drawbar and since there is no rear air hook ups, then the reason for the surge brake. I spoke to an owner who called the manufacture and the surge tidbits were $2500+
They must be as rare as hen's teeth.

quickfarms

I think the surge set up looks like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431918846.699005.jpg

I am going to build a drawbar for my trailer in the near future but will keep the airbrakes.

This is a heavy short trailer that should be towed by a truck with airbrakes