• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM200A1B1 Project

XM200A1B1 Build Project

Finally making some progress on my XM200A1B1 fifth wheel dolly project. Started with an M200A1 and added 2 fifth wheel rails from an M931 to the inside of the frame. Next part is to place a piece of 6in square steel and bolt it on the trailer frame rails and the fifth wheel rails. I have got one side done so far. I also put a air hose tree from an M920 towards the front to hold the air lines (from the same M920) off the grate. Also started installing the trailer electrical plug housing on the metal grating. I plumbed the airlines into the existing trailer brake lines with a T fitting and some adapters from a local brake line shop.

Attachments

Last edited:
Finished with the air lines. Replaced I trailer line and added in ball valves for the semi-trailer air lines. Also replaced all 4 glad-hands with new ones. Finished installing the rails to mount the fifth wheel on. currently using the wire wheel to knock off as much crud as possible and painting a base coat of red iron oxide paint before I paint it olive drab. Next steps is to cut down two pieces of structural steel to weld between the two rails for extra strength. Included a picture of the soon to be mounted fifth wheel.

Attachments

Last edited:
Got the fifth wheel completely mounted, replaced all the bolts with new grade 8 hardware. Also got the rear skids mounted and got a piece of structural steel mounted as well. I plan on cutting off the rear 5 inches or so of the skids to line up with the rear of the trailer. She is starting to come together nicely.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks