• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 fan hub/water pump question

drlogistics

I am re-building my 1952 XM211. The truck came with some great reproduction TMs that have been really helpful. I removed the fan and water pump yesterday and I'm a little stumped. There doesn't seem to be a fan hub. My water pump pulley and fan assembly look slightly different than the TM that I have. Does the fan run constantly in these trucks??

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its been changed to have a Civi part for the spacer. The thing in picture #4, in your hand is pot metal and/junk and not original. Lokk for the one in the TM. You can find it. There were a lot of parts that would interchange with that engine, because it GMC, and that is an example. I would be afraid of it. Thats a big, heavy fan and you will need it - the truck needs it too. On a steep pull, she will run at max RPM generating lots of heat. If there is any play/wobble on the fan blades, replace the water pump bearing. Its an assembly and shaft that all that stuff is pressed on to. I had one fail with the fan into the radiator, back when they were much easier to come by. You can still get them. Go to the John Deere implement dealer. They have them and the appropriate shaft seal w/instructions on how the rebuild the pump, for their water jumps. Good Luck

drlogistics

Thanks for the reply. I figured that part was not original. It just feels too light to belong on that truck. With the current set up the fan would be turning at all times. This is my first MV so I'm new to this. Is the fan supposed to run constantly?

drlogistics

So it is not like a modern fan that has a clutch that allows it to come on only when needed. Pardon my ignorance. I am new to MVs AND old vehicles. I'm used to working on modern semis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks