• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 goes to school

paradeduty

COOL! - I used to have a M211 (though not in near as nice of condition). Very fun trucks. Not sure as I never had a problem, but you might want to check with those members more informed than I about these. I had heard while I had mine that the trans might use a cooler that is a trans fluid to radiator coolant heat exchanger (as opposed to trans to air which is common now). I guess it can be common for the heat exchanger/cooler to develope a leak and start adding coolant to the trans fluid. My info may be off - but it may be something to check on (got to keep her running tip top).

Dave

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Xm211

It doesn't seem to matter what configuration those trucks get photographed in. Roof off, Window flipped down/ up, box/ no box....they still look great.

Thanks for the pic and do post more,

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You have a beautiful truck. Is that exhaust as nice as it looks? Do you know anything about its history? Where has it been for the last 20 years? Can't wait for more pics and info.

Stan Leschert

You fellers wanna start on mine next??:beer:
With the work that you and the CAMO crew do,
I think that this beastie lives in the right place.

If these great old beasts keep getting more popular,
I will have a hard time finding donor trucks.
SHHHhhh.

Don't tell people about these trucks.

You know that I'm going to demand pictures!

Pop up for a visit, PB, we have more than enough Canadian Anti-Freeze,
Internal, Infernal ....... for the proscribed purpose .....

Last edited:

shopman

Don't know anything about its history. Wish I could find out because the kids and faculty members have all been asking. Stack has a hole in it at the top bend so it will need work/replacment. We took the bed off for easy access to clean up and work. Looks cool too!

L1A1

Welcome to the site! Always liked the G749 trucks, thought they were the best looking out of the 2.5 tonners. I'm just down the road from you in Rockingham County.
Matt

shopman

Update on the school truck

I wanted to post some of the lastest pictures of the XM211 for all to see the work we have accomplished so far. I have had the help of fellow members of this site over the past few months both in person and reading the valuable posts to the forums which have made this project a great success so far. Students have learned so much and I can honestly say this has been the best project I have ever done in school! It was a goal to have it ready for the local memorial day parade and for the most part it was. Don't look to close at the pictures! It is not done, but still took first in the parade for Historical vehicle and second for Antique vehicle winning $75.00 for the school! The first picture is the truck just days before the parade and the last is Sunday when a student and I took it to visit a Korean War Vet. It made him so happy and made all the late nights well worth it! Thank you all and more pictures will come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks