• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 Recovery

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The old M211 we've had for a few years was feeling sorta left out with all the "newer" deuces, 5tons and etc., so what to do???:roll:

A friend had an XM211 he bought about a year ago and hadn't done a thing with it so I figured what the heck, I should buy it...and do nothing with it.:whistle:

About 10 of us CAMO fellers had a super nice breakfast this morning then set out to capture the ole beast.

Was gonna haul it home but after a complete check of systems I decided to drive it home...about 20 miles or so.
She runs, drives and stops like a new one! No rust to speak of (surface) and zero rot anywhere.[thumbzup]

Came with a new in box cab canvass, new seat cushions and a few other goodies.:)

Marinebrat drove the ole girl around a little and now she wants one.:jumpin:

Anyhoo...here's a few pics:

Attachments

135gmc

Great save. The GMCs are being forgotten these days since they are gassers and had the auto trans, but they are still one real nice truck. If you drive the truck like the book says (except back up in low gear), and balance the front tires, she'll roll along just fine. When I balanced my front tires, they wound up using about a 10" long wheel weight on each one, but after balancing, she rolled along real fine at 60 MPH (M135 with 11 x 20 tires).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh I forgot...the nice M105 trailer with bows and tarp came back to me as part of the deal.
My buddy bought it about 6 months ago.[thumbzup]

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Xm211

Papabear, does XM mean it has Satellite Radio?:roll:

and there's a hole in the roof.....,how do you keep the snow out.

You are very lucky to have her, congratulations.

Year, day, month on the data plate and mo' pics when you can please!

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Good truck PB. Nice save. Oh ya.......if you are going to give me grief all the time for not having painted the letters on the fenders of the 8n. I can now give you grief for having a truck with the hood star on backwards. It would have been issued with the point on the star pointing to the rear of the truck.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good truck PB. Nice save. Oh ya.......if you are going to give me grief all the time for not having painted the letters on the fenders of the 8n. I can now give you grief for having a truck with the hood star on backwards. It would have been issued with the point on the star pointing to the rear of the truck.
Let's see here, I've had the truck for about 10 hours, you painted the tractor what, 10 years ago??:whistle:

Let's see who corrects what first!:jumpin::jumpin::driver:

Attachments

Mastertech

I was noticing the serial # but cant read the date of manufacture, what model year does your paper work show it is? I was just curious with it being a XM. compairing the sn# and date with my M211

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was noticing the serial # but cant read the date of manufacture, what model year does your paper work show it is? I was just curious with it being a XM. compairing the sn# and date with my M211
The dataplate says delivery date is 10/52.

You know what? I'm thinking the other M211 says delivered 1951...without the XM.

I'm gonna check tomorrow.

AMGeneral

Um,according to David Doyle's Standard Catalog the national symbol SHOULD point to the front of the vehicle on all M series trucks, all WW2 era trucks should point to the rear of the vehicle.

Capt.Marion

Good truck PB. Nice save. Oh ya.......if you are going to give me grief all the time for not having painted the letters on the fenders of the 8n. I can now give you grief for having a truck with the hood star on backwards.
I'm glad I don't post pictures of my stuff on here anymore; I don't think I could withstand the bullying!

I haven't finished the paint job of the Ford script on my 8N since we finished doing a restore/cleanup on it two years ago and I still need to paint the hood of my 2N after finishing the rest of the tractor 3 years ago.

Oh, my deuce is entirely in 3-color NATO camo, except for the hood which is the odd-man-out in 3 layers of nasty old semi-gloss OD. But at least the star is facing the right direction, even if it has been painted over twice but still shows through.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm glad I don't post pictures of my stuff on here anymore; I don't think I could withstand the bullying!

I haven't finished the paint job of the Ford script on my 8N since we finished doing a restore/cleanup on it two years ago and I still need to paint the hood of my 2N after finishing the rest of the tractor 3 years ago.

Oh, my deuce is entirely in 3-color NATO camo, except for the hood which is the odd-man-out in 3 layers of nasty old semi-gloss OD. But at least the star is facing the right direction, even if it has been painted over twice but still shows through.
OK, maybe this will help:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks