• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 run with no batteries if slave started/disconected?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am desperately trying to get my XM211 out of storage
and home so I don't have to scrap her.

I got her running again and she runs just fine, but the batteries are in bad shape. If I slave start her and then
pull the slave connection she dies..

I am trying to figure out if it is just the bad batterys or is it also a generator problem. Shouldn't she run ok with just the generator spinning but no batteries?

I am almost bankrupt, so getting new batteries is going to be extremely difficult. Plus, if I get the batteries and there is something else going on, I am in real trouble.

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Will not run w/o batteries,take them out and see if you can get them charged. If they are totally flat it can kill the Generator trying to charge them. If you just need to go less than 50 miles just use batteries out of whatever you have laying around, like what you slaved it with. If you do it in the daytime w/o head lights you will have plenty of power even if gen is dead.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! I may do just that, but I'll have to wire them in different due to size.
(not electrically different)