• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM211 single axle conversion

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up a 1952 XM211 converted to single axle today. A friend took it on a trade last month, so I took it on a trade from him this month. It is no work of art, But it is interesting. Too bad the previous owner did not keep one original axle. The conversion is not bad in practicality. Does not have that tandem rear axle bind when manuvering around the tight places.

Also, the log loader is parked behind the xm211, it is not on it.

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I traded for it with the intention of taking the parts I want (everything I just mentioned) and sending it down the road, but....

Oh yea, clear title. :D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there's 8 origional axles within 30 miles of where you will be by the end of next month!!!aua

nattieleather

Ok now your just getting greedy.... You have the red M211, the M220 camper and now this.... Gees save some for the rest of us will ya! :lol: Take the parts and put them on your other trucks and then part that one out to the replacement axle and be done with it.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, it was all by accident.

I live within eyesight of a US hwy 53 and don't like it because everyone keeps tabs on me. But this morning a man stopped and asked me aout "them trucks." He was wondering if I wanted another. what he described was a paperless M135 used off road. I really need to reduce the fleet to 1 or 2.
My mind says m220,221,217,211,135, ........

197thhhc

I like the very first pic it looks like the crane is on the back of the truck. I think that would make into a nice pickup/bobber. And nobody could gripe about cutting up a good truck.

Section8

Love the pics of the crew cab! I am JEALOUSE!!!
To bad that truck wasn't bobbed using the original rear axles. I was gonna ask for close up pics of the spring assembly, and perches for the springs.
Been racking my bean trying to figure out how to put spring perches on my axles for if and when I bob her.
Don't want to destroy to much of the original tandem set up on an axle if I don't have to.
Mind you I know were I can get another axle up here if I need one.
Two rigs sitting close by begging to come home this summer!!!
Addictions, addictions!!!!!
Do you think I would have to cut off the tandem spring holders and dog bone mounts on the axle I chose?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll post more pics of the rear axle mounts soon. Maccus is hooking me up with the correct rear axle in less than 2 weeks!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Poofstock? I'm trying to change my work schedule so I can be off that weekend. If I go, It will probably be with the M220. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks