• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

xm211 winch to a M35A2 winch?

dobyg75

OK so there is a chance that My buddy BigJoe is able to get winch Parts from a xm211 and we where wondering if the parts are interchangeable i did some searching in older threads and didn't like what i found so i was wondering what is needed we have bumper ext and the winch already but thats it so my questions are
Are the pto's are the same? any mods to do? and can we use the same winch control lever?

spicergear

I *think* the winches are the same. I would absolutely NOT plan to use any of the 211's winch mounts or drive parts and go and snag that stuff from an M35. Something sticks in my mind that they're the same winch.

CatMan

XM211 Winch to M35A2

The winch from the 211 will fit into the M35A2 frame extension brackets. The Winch lock lever is slightly different but works the same. Round Button on the 211 and the M35 winch has that little dog leg lever lock.

All the rest has to come from an M35. PTO drive, PTO shaft and control lever required. THe PTO shaft will slid onto the Winch drive and the shear pin size is the same.

Our M35A2 has a winch from a 211. As I recall we had to releave a small clearance on the Flywheel housing to clear the winch PTO shaft where it was a close fit.

Cat man

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The winch from the 211 will fit into the M35A2 frame extension brackets. The Winch lock lever is slightly different but works the same. Round Button on the 211 and the M35 winch has that little dog leg lever lock.

All the rest has to come from an M35. PTO drive, PTO shaft and control lever required. THe PTO shaft will slid onto the Winch drive and the shear pin size is the same.

Our M35A2 has a winch from a 211. As I recall we had to releave a small clearance on the Flywheel housing to clear the winch PTO shaft where it was a close fit.

Cat man
this sounds like you used a GASSER drive shaft

bigjoe

thanks for the info everyone, if most of the parts are not going to work for me i think im going to pass on this parts truck.

tm america

I have a m211 winch on my m35a2c.. THe winch is the same except for two things...the lock lever-round knob on the m211 is different from the m35 winch in looks and function.. The winch cable is wound in the opposite dirrection on a m211 than it is on the m35.. So the winch lock cant be used when winching or it will break the shear pin.. It ussually is used to keep the load from spooling out when you stop winching and doesnt catch when winching in.. but it is in the wrong dirrection for the way the cable gets run on a m35.. so it will let the load spool out if you stop winching and it will lock the winch up if used when pullin with the winch on a m35...
you can get the lock parts from a m35 to swap out so it works properly but i have never needed it.. the only time i think it might be useful is if you were using the gin poles and lifting with the winch otherwise the worm gear usually holds the load just fine

bigjoe

I *think* the winches are the same. I would absolutely NOT plan to use any of the 211's winch mounts or drive parts and go and snag that stuff from an M35. Something sticks in my mind that they're the same winch.
I have the winch already, so I am not looking for that. I think I'll just Find an M35 to Take the parts off of. thanks for the help.