• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM215 bed options

tburk49760

I can't locate the correct dump bed for my truck an the current bed is way wrong and beat to ****. I found a M211 fairly close with a great bed and tailgate. Anyone see any reason I can't do this? I can fab most anything. Ideas?

M215

The M215 dump bed was very unique, only common with the early Reo M59 dumpers. Finding an original will be tough since these have all seen 50-60 years of abuse. The M211 bed is 2'-3' longer and wider. Guess with lots of effort you could do anything. Might be easier to find a similar commercial dump bed.
Good luck.

tburk49760

Since mine already has the wrong engine and transmission, I'm not really concerned about too original. I would however like it look like it belongs. The current bed is way too large and absolute garbage.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well then the M211 bed is a reasonable choice! Good luck and keep us posted.

Edit:
I just looked at your previous posts. That thing sounds great and looks tough! How hard would it be to modify/make/repair what you have? I'd be tempted to plasma the thing down to its base structure and re-construct it. $500 forth of .125 plate would probably do it? I don't know where all the seams and joints are but maybe...

Last edited:

tburk49760

I thought about that for a little bit but looking closely at it there's a bit of rust all over and there's not a straight piece of metal on it anywhere. Plus it really is so large kind of overwhelms the truck. It looks like I only paid about $400 for this cargo bed and the hood and some other minor pieces so I don't know, tough call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks