• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM381 Upgrades

cruzinz28

Well, I thought I would post some upgrades I installed to make the road trip to Gilbert a little more enjoyable... if you can say that about a 183 mile road trip in a military vehicle.

1) VIC-1 Radio Setup
2) 24v High/Low Fans (God Sent at Low Speeds)
3) Electric Wipers (for the pooring rain traveling to Gilbert on Wed. night)
4) 24v Dome Light
5) Ipod Jack to VIC-1 (Just above the glove box to the left you can see I used
an existing hole and we clip the Ipod on the Glove Box latch)

Attachments

cruzinz28

I ordered a 3.5 mm plug with bare ends from Altex Computers and Electronics for $1.99. Part Number is 70-3536. I took the white and red wire lead andput it under one of the audio input terminals in the front of the amp and then put the silver ground wire under the other audio input terminal in the front of the amp. I have a red circle around the two audio input jacks in the second picture.

You may need to buy a small battery powered head phone amplifire to put between the VIC-1 AMP and the Ipod. My Ipod is an older one and wasn't loud enough to hear at speed in the truck. The prices range from $19.00 to $300.00 on the inline amps. Just pick one and enjoy the sound of music while you drive.

Note: The music will play in the background for you and the passenger and your microphone will still work. You just talk over the music. It works great!

Attachments

cruzinz28

8-10 hour work days still. Worse part was I was working until 10 or 11 each night and both weekend days to get everything on for Gilbert. This week I am putting all the tools back in the shop and out of the maintenance tent so I can start the process all over again. The list of modifications, repairs and upgrades never ends!

cruzinz28

A pair comes with the Arctic Heater Kit for the Deuce.

I actually got a set of Ebay a while back because I am still in debate whether to keep, or sell, the arctic heater kit I bought.

Jakob

ipod to vic one mount? can i see? i just ordered mine so want to see how it is setup
There's a field expedient way to run an ipod over the vic3 system. In my MRAP here in Iraq, we have a set of headphones taped to the mic of one of the extra headsets with it set to intercom. The headset is sat near the truck commander and plugs those headphones into his ipod. Works great and breaks up some of the monotony of the convoys.
If there's a better way, I'd like to know about it since the headphones are quite and there are too many vulnerable pieces. I'm interested in your setup.

M1075

A pair comes with the Arctic Heater Kit for the Deuce.

I actually got a set of Ebay a while back because I am still in debate whether to keep, or sell, the arctic heater kit I bought.
Nice work! I have several sets of those defroster deflectors available but I have never seen them on a deuce. If you need any more, let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks