• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 Genset onboard

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Kenny, last time I tried, which is a year ago now. As you know it came from your yard and only needed the regulator fixed. Much appreciated!

rmgill

Anyone get the feeling Bjorn is gonna set up a motor home with this? One of those shop van trailers and Bjorn can go vacation where ever he wants.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flea said:
Purely awesome. What's going to go on the right hand side? Just a loading surface, or...?
While in service, spare tire for the trailer and a quad battery pack. Mine will have a spare tire plus loading surface on the right. The "dromedary" platform is 4-1/2 x 8 ft in size.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM said:
What are you going to do with the 8x8 when you are done, that is, what will it's job be?
Patrick, the truck is a perfect test bed for ideas, my only limitation is my meager budget. It will take years to complete, if ever. I want it to be "All it can be". :)

Examples of little stuff in images, flame heater improvements and a switch monitoring circuit.

Attachments

tatra813

cranetruck said:
Patrick, the 10 KW set was standard equipment, although 400Hz for the missile erector/launcher.

Ryan, no motor home for me, I sleep in the cab, remember, and this one has space for a living room too. :)
looks very nice, with the genset installed it reminds me of the MAZ.

tatra813

Bjorn just curious why the military didnt build/use more of the 8x8 technology like your truck and others. I guess there must be some drawback to 8x8s, Im just not sure what it is.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tatra813 said:
Bjorn just curious why the military didnt build/use more of the 8x8 technology like your truck and others. I guess there must be some drawback to 8x8s, Im just not sure what it is.
Tire changes are time consuming and expensive?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks