• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 steering

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Heater DUCTS

jhooah said:
I had to wonder how your homebrew fuel has worked in this really cold snap we've been having lately. The wife's old Mercedes required additive, seems the ground tanks down here in Tidewater Area weren't selling Winter Grade mix.
V/R Adrian Winget

Maybe see you up at Aberdeen, spaces Green A9-A11 this year.

william.winget (at) jfcom.mil
Have not been using the deuce much since last October, but the two tank system worked well last winter, when it was tested down to about 20°F. Used it throughout the cross country trip with up to 80% veggie oil in the main heated tank.
The fuel lines and the primary filter are not heated so there may be issues at temps of 10°F and below. The installation on the XM757 8x8 will have heated fuel lines and a heated primary filter from the get-go.

The steering joint treatment is holding up well, I frequently test the movement of the tierods etc and they are still nice and smooth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks