• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818 in Amish Country

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On our wedding anniversaries, my wife and I always return to the Amish Country in north-central Ohio where we were married. She likes the bed & breakfasts, and the shops. I like the drive, the deals and the quality workmanship.

Today, while driving just about a mile or two south of Sugarcreek, OH on SR93, I spotted this beautiful 5-ton tractor! Maybe not the most romantic thing to do, but I stopped to take some pictures.

My wife understood. :wink:

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those crazy Amish people. You never know what they will sell ya.

You could haul a lot of Amish cheese and pies with that baby.

:)

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I crawled around on it, and under it. It was VERY clean! AMISH clean!! A fine rig! Still has the GL stickers on it.

I agree the price is high, but it is a sweet 818! I'm curious where it was loaded-out from.

If I was going to own an 818, I'd want it to be as nice as this one.

Sorry, in my inspection I didn't notice anything specific about the axles. My wife (of only 4 years) was waiting in the car, and I didn't want to make it seem like the sight of a military truck on our anniversary was such a grand event! :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it had Detroits in the back, there would be either a decal or data plate inside advising so. They are usually on the door or or map compartment door.

hurstssamx

Banned
Nice truck all she needs is some 11R24.5 G-177's or T-831's and it would be set to go. . . add a 9spd OD for perfection. . . But as it is would be plenty Workable. . .

did that ODO read around 60K miles ?

Mike D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks