• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818 vs. Walking Floor trailer... Who wins???

scootertrs

Well.... Doing testing on the pumping system of my M35 fire truck... 5 Ton is in great shape (or was) sitting on the sideline... My trucks are parked way out of the way at my site (wood yard)... this idiot pulling a 100 yard walking floor trailer took a shortcut... nicked my fender, hooked my bumper and did what you see in the pic... then he tried to look like nothing happened... and guess what... had it not been because our site cameras and my 2 sons watching hours of recorded video... he would have gotten away with it... but the MF'r is busted...

I still need to find a good bumper... and am going to try to get the proverbial blood out of a turnip... the law is aware and if he does not belly up, he will be dealt with. Got an ad in classifieds... but I thought that it would be a "funny" topic. A little sidenote... I think the 5 ton won... in the scuffle the trailer lost 2 outside Goodyear 24.5's...$$$$ ... air brake hoses and 2 mud flaps... Know what? FK him!!! I am glad that it was a couple of days from the event to my finding out who the vermin was.

5 Ton damage was limited to a bit of paint loss and the obviously sheared bumper. It is scary to think idiots like this guy are on the road pulling 80,000 pounds (or more).

Gotta love an MV

Attachments

scootertrs

Ouch. Someone's a little bitter. Can't say I blame ya. Hope you both get what you have coming to you. Good luck.

Bitter? not really... I come from a time that if you do something that blows up in your face, you belly up to the table and make it good... God knows I have screwed up at least once -:) this guy did the little rat thing and hid hoping noone saw him

scootertrs

What is this walking floor trailer thing you're talking about?
It is a Tandem/dual wheel open top box trailer that has a capacity of 100 yards. usually built out of aluminum and the floor is made up of a series of slats running legthwise. These slats move with hydraulic power shifting themselves back while they carry loose material like mulch or compost out the back door opening. They are usually 13 foot+/- tall and about 50 foot long. They require a tractor that has a hydraulic power unit

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
camera's are just about a nescessity any more glad he smiled for ya . a pictures worth a thousand words or in this case a thousand or so dollars for the repair bill good lluck with this p.o.s.

123mack

I'd call around to some of the regular parts suppliers lire Memphis, Eastern, etc and when I located a bumper, tell the guy,"here's a bumper and the phone number of the supplier, order it and have it sent to me".