• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xm818a2ww repower

bill2444

Just got done installing a new IP on one of our bc's ( ulsd diesel ate up the seals ) I would throw in a little 2 stroke oil into the fuel mix when your ready. Still one of the best motors out there this particulas one is in our oldest well rig that runs 5-6 days a week 8-10 hrs a day for 31 years before its first overhaul in 2009. original pump was replaced then. I doubt we will get service like that out of our new equipment with all of the emisions bs on them.

Just got done installing a new IP on one of our bc's ( ulsd diesel ate up the seals ) I would throw in a little 2 stroke oil into the fuel mix when your ready. Still one of the best motors out there this particulas one is in our oldest well rig that runs 5-6 days a week 8-10 hrs a day for 31 years before its first overhaul in 2009. original pump was replaced then. I doubt we will get service like that out of our new equipment with all of the emisions bs on them.
31 years! now thats a good service life.

Not much that can really be viewed but heres a couple pics.
rear mounts are complete. front mount is complete.
front crossmember has ben completed since the photo was taken. the center section is removable for clearance needed when engine comes in or out.
turbo clears the inner fender without any trimming.
because of the relocated engine-- the hood does not need trimming.
trans misses the brake booster by 3/4".
trans did not clear clutch linkage at all.
clutch pedal will be swing type with cable. the shaft will stay in place untill the next upgrade as the brake linkage uses the same shaft.
fan drive is giving me fits but I know who will win.

Attachments

bill2444

Hi, dave. A gentleman stoped over the other day when he saw the m35 in the front yard, and told me that i should attend the april meet. What are the dates and times?

this is the front yard of V.V.A. Chapter 274
[SIZE=+3]Spring Swap Meet and Display:
[SIZE=+2]Friday and Saturday April 15 and 16th, 2011
[SIZE=+1]V.V.A. Chapter 274 in Cheboygan, MI - 7747 N. Black River Road

The Plan is to gather people and vehicles in the late spring to shake off the cabin fever, and find the last few parts to finish up that winter project! Bring your leftovers. Parts swap/sale and truck display. For a full show schedule and more information, please see the show FLIER in PDF format. This event is brought to you by the Michigan Military Vehicle Preservation Association and the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 274, Cheboygan, MI
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

WWW.MIMVPA.org

Attachments

bill2444

Great, That is just down the road for me. And i have some odd and ends from this winter. I didn't see Any trail or convoy rides planned though. I've been reading the Haspin threads, looks like they have grand ol' time.

I'm kinda wrapped up this week with the Drummond Island wheeling trip, but after that if you need any help wrapping things up i will be free.

Any updates on the build?
yes. repower is complete. sorry for not updating this thread.

only have 500 miles or so on the repower but so far all is good.

big difference in power of course. a little better top end with the double over 13.

ended up dropping the eng/trans about 5 3/4" from original location. fan drive turned out well in the long run. not without a fight tho.

made a custom air intake system to utilize the dual air cleaners.

radiator expansion tank ended up on the fire wall.

there is lot more--- just cant think right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks