• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xmas present... M54A2!

amick

Came home the other day and in my driveway was a 1968 M54A2 with a big red bow on the front! It has a multifuel engine, singles with decent tread, and chains for all 6 tires. Unfortunately, the weather here in Montana just turned cold and snowy, so I am going to have to wait on fixing her up, but I am very excited. I must have the best wife in the whole **** world. The truck needs some brake work, which includes the master cylinder and brake lights, and also in the spring I want to paint the truck. Any SS members in Montana? Merry xmas!:p

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I told my wife about this, she said the best she would do is give me 50% of what she got at the scrap yard for what was already in the yard!

Lucky fella!

amick

pics. more later...

Came home the other day and in my driveway was a 1968 M54A2 with a big red bow on the front! It has a multifuel engine, singles with decent tread, and chains for all 6 tires. Unfortunately, the weather here in Montana just turned cold and snowy, so I am going to have to wait on fixing her up, but I am very excited. I must have the best wife in the whole **** world. The truck needs some brake work, which includes the master cylinder and brake lights, and also in the spring I want to paint the truck. Any SS members in Montana? Merry xmas!:p

scottjhl

click the insert image icon... 2nd to the last on the right above where you type for comments.

Welcome to the site.. please read the new members area.

Look forward to seeing the pics!

CycleJay

Amick,

You are a lucky man, I do not really ever get anything for Christmas anymore. Much less a new to me truck of some kind.
Count your blessings, God has blessed you with a wonderful woman. But I am sure you figured that out already.

I wish you two the best.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year. God bless the both of you and your new truck. Have fun with it, but safely.

Just my $0.02 cents...

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
She is a keeper! Don't ever let her get away! The truck sounds good too.
I have one of each, and I am not about to let either of them go!

Have fun with them!

Be sure to get a comfortable seat for the passenger side as well as good ear protection. Consider a VIC-1 setup so you can comunicate with your wife on trips
without going deaf. It is so much better when you can include her with this hobby.

Bruce

autoshopteacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 Parade.jpg3 Shift Knob.jpg10 9 Dec.jpg8 9 Dec.jpg4 Front.jpg1 BofS side view.jpg9 9 Dec.jpg5 Parade.jpg2 Mom's Thoughts.jpgAmick,
Yes there are others in Montana. A long way from population centers and parts sources. Here are some pictures of the money pit I got in 2011. The excuse to buy the M 817 was to plow snow. It took about a year to mate the Washau plow to the truck and we've yet to have enough snow to really test it, but Saturday at 0 degrees with an hour of the Kats engine heater, it started and I did push some snow. Biggest problem is the plow alone weighs 3500 lbs. and if the gravel road is not frozen hard, the shoes dig large furrows in the surface. As pictured with about 4 yards of gravel for ballast the unit weighs 39400 lbs. the pictures are pretty self explanitary except for the gear shift knob. Let your imagination guide you there but the hint is I had a recall on the first hip.

Last edited: