• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtra tall M105a2

machinist75

I got an xtra tall cargo cover from a buddy of mine that was 20" taller that the original one. So I needed to raise the uprights. I drilled out the welds that attached the bow corners to the original uprights. Cut 10pcs of 1 1/2 square tubing 34 3/4" long notched the bottom on a cnc mill and then re welded the bows back on. The inside is now tall enough to stand up in with a few inches to spare. The only thing is that it's about 3" taller than the deuces cargo cover. Hopefully it dosnt affect anything. Need to paint the trailer now.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks sharp! What will you use it for? The only thing I would be concerned about (and maybe you have addressed it already), is the large expanse of unsupported tarp, on the front of the trailer. Is there an expanded headboard too, to support it?DSCN4701.jpgThe tarp is really worthwhile, so I made a little frame and expanded frame, on my MEP trailer, to help support it, when on the road, so there is less stress on it.

(I sure don't know how to get these pictures and text lined out better!)

machinist75

Looks sharp! What will you use it for? The only thing I would be concerned about (and maybe you have addressed it already), is the large expanse of unsupported tarp, on the front of the trailer. Is there an expanded headboard too, to support it?View attachment 408136The tarp is really worthwhile, so I made a little frame and expanded frame, on my MEP trailer, to help support it, when on the road, so there is less stress on it.

(I sure don't know how to get these pictures and text lined out better!)
Thats a good point. I will need to do something to tie it all together. Maybe a brace going from about midway up the first upright to the base of the second at a 45 degree angle. What do you think?

machinist75

Oh now I see what you mean. The void in the middle. I think I will do the brace like I said above and a few more-headboard slats going horizontally across the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks