• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtra's for M1008 & M1009

stuinnh

Hi all!
If converting to 12v, take the wire off the end of the resister and swing it around and it is the perfect length to reach the 12v connection block nearby. Even if not converting, much better supply of 12v to glow plugs.
If you want your seat to recline (1009) any of the better model trucks in the line had reclining seat hinges that work great on M1009.
You can find them at the junk yard or from Chevy dealer. Same thing goes for leather steering wheels. Much better in winter. Trucks 1984- I think 1991 parts work in both trucks. Oh and if converting to manual glow plug button, 10 seconds in summer and 15 in winter should get you goin...

MarcusOReallyus

Hi all!
If converting to 12v, take the wire off the end of the resister and swing it around and it is the perfect length to reach the 12v connection block nearby. Even if not converting, much better supply of 12v to glow plugs.

Yep. Lots of folks already doing that. Some might prefer to wire it directly to the battery. Most think that's overkill. :mrgreen: It's a personal choice.

By the way, you saved exactly zero characters by spelling "Extras" incorrectly.

Crewdawg141

Do they really have anything like a 1991 Suburban or Blazer in the Junk yards in NH? I have not been able to find anything in the late 80's to 91 Chevy or GMC in my local area yards in Maryland or in nearby Virginia. The few similar body styled specimens that I have come across are usually stripped to nothing of value and rusted out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks