• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

Jakob

Ian,
I think it's awesome that you pop in here to give us some insight on the truck. Whether I like the build or not, I can almost always take something useful away from one the projects. [thumbzup]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
after seeing the airide on the bobbed deuce, i was wondering if anyone has done air to the original 6x6 configuration?:?:
It could be done but your off road capability would suffer. You would loose alot of axle articulation over the stock tandem setup.

Blood_of_Tyrants

The dmax engine swap sounds awesome. But the computer controller would tend to complicate things greatly. An old 7.3 Powerstroke or International or an old 5.9 Cummins would be a much easier swap. Either way you would reduce the weight on the front axle by nearly 1000#.

gtsig

The dmax engine swap sounds awesome. But the computer controller would tend to complicate things greatly. An old 7.3 Powerstroke or International or an old 5.9 Cummins would be a much easier swap. Either way you would reduce the weight on the front axle by nearly 1000#.
How about HP?

gtsig

sound crazy with a deuce lighter and more power. But how would you stop it and will it hold up to all the extra hp and torque?

MO MV man

sound crazy with a deuce lighter and more power. But how would you stop it and will it hold up to all the extra hp and torque?
You hit the nail on the head:
A complete brake system re-think would be in order for sure.

Disk brake kits are readily available.
BUT that old air-assist antique master cylinder demands attention.

Duramax's do make ignorant power for sure but an early Cummins would be simpler and easily "tweakable" for some serious fun.

Ian, make us proud.
Whatever you decide, rest assured I'll be glued to the TV watching every minute. :grd:

Stan Leschert

Way to go Ian, you have me waiting for the next episode...
just like a Rottwieller waiting for a fresh Postman's leg.

Thanks for sending the spare parts to someone who needs them.
I really hope that you got a few of the green truck people there for the final show.
We can use all of the good press that we can get.
I really appreciated your frequent references about Steel Soldiers.

Good job son, Carry On!

scootertrs

Ian... I got your parts... thank you for saving them from the crusher... Also just bought the 2 DVD's that are available (Part I and Part II)... but never got to see the truck finished... in Disk 2, you go into a Dodge fuel efficiency at the end... but never saw the Suzuki getting into the bed... is that coming or is it in Part 3? You know... that was one spectacular build... Wife is none too happy with the video... don't know why:-D... Thank you again for saving the parts and being righteous.

jamesfrom180

Really like how just about everyone got behind this build. My two cents would be convert a AC/compressor to pump air like maybe a York Compressor and drive off of engine for the air systems. More than enough output to supply two separate systems. Also I fall under the camp that wants and old 12Valve Cummins. Ian---being a boy from Florida, how about a tracked build next!!!!!

nhdiesel

Late to the show, but I'll throw in a vote for a 12v Cummins. Stock they have lower output than the newer electronic motors, but still much more than the multifuel. Throw in a $100 fuel plate and you are up to the output of a 24v or D-max. Go a little further and it would have insane power. And MUCH more reliable than the 24v, and the D-max. For the brakes- remember that with an engine swap you drop 1000# off the truck, which will help make the stock brakes seem much better. Do a master cylinder/dual system mod and it should brake much better. But a disk kit would be really cool.

MO MV man

I feel your pain Seth_O.

Somewhere earlier in this thread, Ian mentions taking the big green machine out for some wheelin'.....if memory serves me right?
That being said, there HAS to be some footage laying around somewhere for a part 3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks