• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They gave the rear section(fire apparatus) to a member of this site, not the fire dept.

Cigarjoe

They better not chop that truck up! It looked to be an almost complete 530C fire truck. There are plenty of other trucks out there to chop up. And another thing they need to get Jessi back!

yes it was a fire truck they got from Boyce so you know they paid a ton for it. I was the episode and just wait to see what they do at the start of the show. There is a Dodge Neon sitting in the parking lot and they say look how good this truck is built and hit and run over the Neon at about 30mph. Sad they think this is a derby truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still dont understand it.
They mentioned how inexpensive these surplus trucks are, on the episode. I think they said they paid only $2500 for the truck. Never mentioned the shipping cost(Utah to Tennessee). I don't think Boyce has a common truck F/S for that price ever(maybe a few hundred of us should call them asking to buy $2500 running Deuces). They really exploited the Boyce name and pictures when this was mentioned. Anyone know what a 2 minute television ad costs? BTW, Boyce now has "Bobber kits" advertised on their website!

This is how TV works, Understand now?

Fwiw, I'm not down on this, just poiting it out.

MO MV man

They mentioned how inexpensive these surplus trucks are, on the episode. I think they said they paid only $2500 for the truck. Never mentioned the shipping cost(Utah to Tennessee). I don't think Boyce has a common truck F/S for that price ever(maybe a few hundred of us should call them asking to buy $2500 running Deuces). They really exploited the Boyce name and pictures when this was mentioned. Anyone know what a 2 minute television ad costs? BTW, Boyce now has "Bobber kits" advertised on their website!

This is how TV works, Understand now?

Fwiw, I'm not down on this, just poiting it out.
I don't believe they said they paid $2500, I believe they said you could "pick one of these up" for a price range of $2500-5500.

You gotta admit, it wasn't the prettiest deuce so maybe they didn't pay a bunch?

OH yeah......Boyce received a MASSIVE plug.
I'm guessing they gave Ian a smokin' deal on the rig in exchange for the plug?
Hmmmm....
If so, GREAT going, Ian! [thumbzup]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They gave the rear section(fire apparatus) to a member of this site, not the fire dept.
:ditto:

I got the bed. It ended up at scootertrs' place down in south FL. He's got a firetuck already so the bed will go to good use.

OSO

The Power Block Magazine showed up in my in box and that Bobed Deuce will be on again 4/3 and 4/4 . The magazine has video on the site showing the deuce running over the Neon . PowerBlockMagazine.com.

davesgmc

yeah, him barreling through the parking lot like an idiot hitting that noen and smashing in the front bunper of the lil deuce was quite an idiotic move if you ask me. I thought that was the stupidest thing i have evver seen. and the first episode they didnt show anything about the rear suspension as in how they did it or anyhting. i guess that is coming up. they are building a real dumb looking bed to put antoher 4x4 in the back of this thing. whole thing is quite dumb compared to what we really do with the trucks....just mt $.02 worth

Jakob

It IS called Xtreme 4x4, it's not going to be a "stock" bobber. I wouldn't build a bed like that, but I'm very interested to see how it works with their Sami(?) back there. Ultimately, that's what the goal is, to have viewers interested in the show.

Stouttrout

What we do with them? I have been lurking around here for quite some time and I have seen a ton of different things done with these MV's. Personal, I am going to keep mine the way it is and enjoy it. And, if I had a 20-30k buck budget per vehicle as I imagine this shows show does, I would probably buy one and do something different with it. Also, a stock sami on 32's will fit in the back of my F350 so I really don't need a deuce to carry it. :D

I never get time to watch the show. Too busy building my own Extreme 4x4's :D Good luck on this one Ian!!!

OSO

My thoughts were cool truck. Then go do a fool thing like driving over that Neon car ! What an abuse of Quality built Equipment , when you watch the movie clips,you can hear Ian laughing like a little kid . Personally I do not abuse any trucks , cars , tools ,or equipment on purpose .Sometimes you get into a bind ,and you go for it!2cents2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks