• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yaayyyy for me !

Docter

After going belly up and selling my M-38a1 and most of my WWII gear some years ago, I was finally able to by another vehicle a M-37b1.
bought it mid restoration from a old retired Airborn fella.
here are some pics on the day me and my sone got her home.
already have motor cranking now have to get spark plugs fireing.
:grd:

Attachments

Docter

hey thanks for youre support, i wound up getting a already started resto and so yup alot of parts, but have darn near everything. It feels good to be back in the saddle, my honney is concerned about the amount of time out in the barn.......hehehehe
youres at arms Doc

DeucesWild11

Welcome back, I am fairly new and have been a sponge for the past 5 months... You seem to have allot of experience with past projects, I look forward to seeing your restoration.. Best of luck with it. May all your rusty bolts break loose..:beer:

Docter

installed new starter and ground wires and got her cranking, but now i need a ign coil, wires seem fine will probably get new points and condenser. the dash wires seem in pretty good condition but the front end wires are pretty beat up. here are a few more pics :)

youres at arms Doc

Attachments

Docter

at the moment i am not remembering a navy blue M38a1, I used to have a army green one with a 416 trailer, and there is a fella with a M-38 restored to look WWll, the only one i can think of in blue is an old cj painted in a rusty blue and in rough shape but i am sure that aint the one youre thinking of. there aint alot of old GI vehicles cruising around here much, mostly dueces.
and yup that steering wheel has seen better days, somebody along the way peened the center shaft onto the wheel, fortunately the truck came with a NOS steerbox and shaft so i only need to hunt up a wheel and the horn assem.

youres at arms Doc

Buz

at the moment i am not remembering a navy blue M38a1, I used to have a army green one with a 416 trailer, and there is a fella with a M-38 restored to look WWll, the only one i can think of in blue is an old cj painted in a rusty blue and in rough shape but i am sure that aint the one youre thinking of. there aint alot of old GI vehicles cruising around here much, mostly dueces.
and yup that steering wheel has seen better days, somebody along the way peened the center shaft onto the wheel, fortunately the truck came with a NOS steerbox and shaft so i only need to hunt up a wheel and the horn assem.

youres at arms Doc
I meant Gray USN Jeep, I have a photo buried somewhere, the owner was retired Navy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks