• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yanmar Injector ?s

Metalflames

So I got an MEP-016D home yesterday and started running throughout the fuel system. Got to the injector and it was good and stuck. Sprayed it down with some PB Blaster let it soak and after about 5 min. of working it up and down it came out of the head. Upon inspection I noticed I couldn't find the nozzle spacer in fact it appears it may not have ever had one. Needless to say I found the parts but can not find the procedure for setting the height of the injector in relation to the piston. I called a local parts supplier that deals in military equipment to see if the injector and spacer are a matched set. I suspect not being that you could rebuild and adjust the injector which would in turn change the height.

I have checked both the TM and the Yanmar commercial manuals but still can not find the procedure or a reference dimension.

Does anyone have information or experience with replacing the injector on a Yanmar L70?

Metalflames

Well the parts supplier got back to me with just a part number for the spacer and no information on if it even requires a specific height. I am starting to wonder if it even matters or if it is literally just a washer and not a sized shim.

uriss

spacer

I am no expert by any means. I bought a 3kw with the yanmar diesel. Found a guy that just got out of the military working for Ditch Witch. Through Ditch Witch he looked up the injector and the pump I needed, they cost me $400.00 total. While I was there He tore my old one down and showed me what they looked like inside the injector. The spacers are critical for proper height but unfortunately my brain is like a sieve, it retains nothing. What I can suggest is that if my local Ditch Witch company can get the parts maybe yours can too. My ditch Witch co is located in Geismar, Louisiana if that helps. If you really need the number let me know and I should be able to find it somewhere in my messy office. They did say that they could service my yanmar and 3kw. Hope this helps.

Metalflames

uriss, thanks I found the parts I have a dealer hear who can get me the injector, spacer and gasket for $144.39 from Yanmar. My injector is fine the spacer is what I need. In my research I have discovered that the spacer part# 114350-11470 only comes in .04mm thickness.

I am wondering if anyone could measure any they have laying around and tell me the size?

should be about 0.016". If that's the case I have nothing to worry about.

ETN550

uriss, thanks I found the parts I have a dealer hear who can get me the injector, spacer and gasket for $144.39 from Yanmar. My injector is fine the spacer is what I need. In my research I have discovered that the spacer part# 114350-11470 only comes in .04mm thickness.

I am wondering if anyone could measure any they have laying around and tell me the size?

should be about 0.016". If that's the case I have nothing to worry about.
You have some good questions. The service manual does not call for any procedure to set the height of the nozzle. The parts manual only shows one spacer being used and available in a single part number. For the shims that are used inside the nozzle to set the opening pressure the parts book shows one part number for a complete set of shims and the picture shows all the shims. Based on this information I believe the nozzle spacer is not meant to be any sort of adjustment.

Metalflames

You have some good questions. The service manual does not call for any procedure to set the height of the nozzle. The parts manual only shows one spacer being used and available in a single part number. For the shims that are used inside the nozzle to set the opening pressure the parts book shows one part number for a complete set of shims and the picture shows all the shims. Based on this information I believe the nozzle spacer is not meant to be any sort of adjustment.
I found this to be very strange myself. Not that it is a tech manual but in my search using the part number I found a dealer on ebay selling the spacers. Same deal .4mm but it had a note saying that different size spacers effect the angle of the fuel pattern and would effect fuel performance. I just buttoned it up and am going to grab some oil and see what happens. As far as I can see even without a spacer clearance should not be an issue so performance will be the determination.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks