• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yanmar L70 injector pump

sink1978

Hi,

I got my genset out a few weeks ago and it wouldn’t fire. I bought this gen set from the government probably 5-6 years ago now and it’s always been reliable until a few weeks ago when we had a power failure. The unit only has a about 250 hours on it. Visually everything is in very good condition. Initially I shot it with a little starting fluid and it would fire immediately. So I narrowed it to a fuel issue. Also I should mention I have no experience with Diesel engines. I’m guessing it was an injector pump issue so I removed the hard metal line coming off the pump and turned the motor over and no fuel shot out so I’m guess it’s the problem. I’m I on the right track? Is the pump serviceable or is it a r&r item? Also what’s the sight window for below the pump when viewing it when install in the motor? If the pump is R&R where is a good place for replace it? Just wondering is this a common problem? Or is there a way of preventing this failure. Any and all advice would be appreciated as I’m a newbie when it comes to diesels.

Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Soak the IP, and take it apart. Clean it up, and try it out. If its really broke, you cant make it more broke. Clean it up, before you think about replacing it.

sink1978

Soak the IP, and take it apart. Clean it up, and try it out. If its really broke, you cant make it more broke. Clean it up, before you think about replacing it.
Thanks for the advice. What should I soak it in? I have a gallon can of carb chem dip. I’m assuming that should work. Also what does the pin thing do that you can view through the sight whole?

Guyfang

Staff member
Thanks for the advice. What should I soak it in? I have a gallon can of carb chem dip. I’m assuming that should work. Also what does the pin thing do that you can view through the sight whole?
What you talking about? Give me a figure and page # in the tm to look at, or better yet a picture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks