• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yeah, I'll sell ya the CCKws, but ya got to take the M37 too...

smoke1

A friend who has waaaay too many CCKWs bought some more off an old farmer in NH. They were off in various parts of the woods on the farm and required extraction. The easy ones came out last year, but the more difficult items dragged on until a couple of weeks ago. Among the items were an M37 that probably was in nice shape 20 years ago when gotten from DRMO. But sitting in the woods took it's toll. Somebody appropriated the rear axle shafts, but left most of the rest of the body intact (sort of, kinda).
Anyways, I shot a bunch of videos for the CO as he yanked, drug and generally flaunted every OSHA reg involving crane and/or back hoe operation and rigging. He posted a lot of the stuff I shot on You Tube, including his less than careful handling of the faithful old Dodge carcass. Is he living proof that not all turkeys were eaten Thursday??
Here's the M37 link [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T24jy8-Sg[/media] for your viewing pleasure (or horror).
Regards, Ronzo

Tanner

Wow - a straight-piped Case tractor with a wobbly cab, some fellers in rain slickers, a length of chain, a rainy day, and a derelict M37...

I think I just spotted some Northern Red-necks? :lol:

And the truck looks like it'll buff right out & parade ready by Christmas?

'Tanner'

scooter01922

Wow - a straight-piped Case tractor with a wobbly cab, some fellers in rain slickers, a length of chain, a rainy day, and a derelict M37...

I think I just spotted some Northern Red-necks? :lol:

'Tanner'
Well tanner, we do have plenty of those but these activities seem to be a little far south in NH for that. Gotta get a long way in the woods to find the real northern rednecks

Scarecrow1

Thanks for the video . I thought it looked to be in great shape for 20 years of neglect .I don't think even a late model car would fair as well. Wish Santa would leave it in my stocking :razz:

smoke1

Hello Boys!

Replies:

Post 3) A} Deerfield
B} Farming type things

Post 4) I think at last count Dr. Deuce has 11 CCKWs of various types, including the crane, a LeRoi air compressor truck , an AAF Fuel Tanker and one CCKW with USMC data plates. And a Chebby bomb truck with trailers, some search light trailers, 1 1/2 ton chebby he uses to plow snow, a WWII Chevy dually panel radio truck, a 42 GPW, Clark Airborne Bulldozer, couple of WWII water buffalos, 75 and 37mm Anti Tank guns, WWII Bantam trailer for the GPW and other odds and ends. As I said, too many.

Post 5) Hi Kenny!! Still in NH. I have trouble changing my old habits. Stayed on the new Arthur list hoping it would regenerate. But as Bones would say "It's dead Jim".

Had some continuing health problems and the M35A2 had/has some too. Basically it's winning. .
Got seduced to the dark side and got involved with smaller, lighter WWII stuff. First bought a 1944 WC51. That accidently got me into the movie business in 08. My truck spent 41 days on the set of Shutter Island. If ya go on You Tube and look up the Shutter Island official trailer 2 you'll see my truck with Leo Decaprio and Mark Ruffalo at the 13, 20 and 28 second points. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKxd7V0FwfA As I understand it from the sound director, it is seen extensively in the first 10 minutes or so of the movie. I even got the 5 actors (Decaprio, Ruffalo etc) in the scenes to autograph the map board of the truck.
From the money I made off that gig, I bought the wife a 1944 MB. I'd been promising her I'd get one of the 5 M38A1's ( AKA 'a JEEP') up and running, but after 8 years I bought her the restored MB Jeep from an estate. The M38A1s are still hanging fire, but she dresses up in a WWII Red Cross uniform and drives her MB to parades and events..I see it as a win.
Sold my M1010 and the M416 this summer to another club member who will put them to better use. Still have the M37, 5 M38A1s, the M715, M35A2, 2 M101s and an M101 chassis, an M101A2, M116A2 with two MEP-017As, an M416A2, 2 M1009s and a mobilizer dolly whose M number escapes me at the moment (has 16 inch wheels for the smaller CONEXs). Oh yeah, and a 2006 Ural Gear Up < http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2357772800038349137boGbPJ > which after 4 years only has 700 miles on the clock. This was gonna be mocked up as a captured Wehrmahct BMW R71 captured by US troops. Figured it would be easier to ride than a WLA with my bad leg. WRONG!!! Ya don't have to hold it up when stopped, but it's proclivity to lift the side car when turning or steering to the right is not exactly a relaxing ride. You don't ride it, you drive it. Let your mind wander and it won't be pretty...
Realistically I don't think I'm gonna get all this stuff restored or keep it running. Don't see the BIG Morton building arriving in the future with the economy tanking and taking the real estate market with it . As Murtagh says "I'm getting too old for this sh@#". Time to thin the herd. Probably stay with the WWII stuff and the M38A1s. So starting next year there will be some serious house cleaning of the M series stable. Hopefully we'll make Aberdeen this year after missing the last two years. Need to get 15 years of collected stuff back in circulation to appreciative hands and kept out of the dumpster the wife will put them in if I pull a sudden vapor lock.
So what have you been up to for savage amusement? Junior moved up from a kiddie seat and snagging dropped tools to turning wrenches with Dad? Has he been allowed to drive any of your iron under controlled conditions? He's gotta be about 8 now?
Back 2 U ....

Post 6) Sell it.

Regards to all,
Ronzo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks