• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yeah I'm a hard head

adrianspeeder

So I decide I need new rubber for the War Wagon. Order me up a nice set of Destination MTs 305/75 wait for it....

R16's.

DOH!

I would have bet a truck on R16 when I was standin' in firestone saying "Yeah that truck got 31x10.5xR16s, I bought a spare 16" tire, and additionally a plane steel rim that is 16 inch." Wrong, nope, neg.

So Ironhorse says "Sell those at maybe a $200 loss and buy the right ones."

Naaa.

I get the great idea to try to scramble used six lug R16's and make it work. Drive up to central Jersey to get a set of forged aluminum's which I figure can be sanded and painted OD for a nifty look. Turns out that the '99+ chevys have the same bolt pattern, but for the hub only have a 3" hole and we need 3.5".

Cut my losses? Naaa.

Ironhorse comes through again and gets me into a machine shop with a week backlog no problems and the guy does an awesome job for 75.

Oh, the backspacing is about 2" difference too on the 99+ and now they are a usesless pile of aluminum that will fit on a pre '99 but hits the tie rod end.

Wheel spacers?

500. dang

Ordering a set of american racing black steel rallys for 400.

Adrianspeeder

Ironhorse

It's all true.

However, after several weeks and too much money the tires went on today!

I'll let him post the pics but they look O K.

The scariest part of this whole thing? The government lets him work on multi-million dollar aircraft !:shock:

AJMBLAZER

Nah, those should fit just fine. Bit of trimming at the bottom edges at most.

Looks good. Check your drag link to make sure you can't touch it when you're turned all the way to the right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks