• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yeah or Neah M54

Seatyger

An opportunity has arisen to check out a 1956 M54. Appears to be in pretty solid shape. The brakes have been done (Wheel Cylinders etc.) Has a winch. Included is an M105 Trailer and cover.

Not too keen on the Continental R6602 however, but a second brand new in the can engine is included. It also apparently has an air leak?

I'm more interested in a solid platform to build from, and will likely search for an alternate diesel powerplant if obtained.

Here are a couple photos so far. We likely make arrangements to view etc, this Sunday. The owner is asking 3500.00 obo would this be a fair representative price for the vehicle and trailer?

Attachments

cornrichard

Not a huge price. If you want to restore an older truck it may be right for you. If you are looking for something to put some miles on I think the gasser might be to expensive to fuel. The air leak is something you want to find before you seal the deal. It should not be a huge problem unless it is part of the system that controls the transfer case or runs the air pack. I would try to get into the $3000 range if possible. Also check your paperwork to make 100% sure you can get a plate on it. A couple of the other Canada members have had trouble with Canadian military trucks. The can get US trucks on the road easier. Go figure.

Seatyger

Thanks for the input cornrichard. The owner has the 'title' and paperwork etc. Pretty lame where you can register a 55 year old gas hog (as long as it passes a safety inspection) but the newer out of service MLVW's won't be issued ownerships from the Federal Government.

Which is totally stupid because if I brought an M35 frame which had a Title, I could swap in all the MLVW running gear blah, blah bla and register it. A Canadianized M35 ! Talk about your dog chasing it's tail.!!

Appreciate the Head's up about the Air system.

Jim

joeM62

If you want to go with a dsl in it you can try green jim depo think he has a place on ebay for his site. He did have the lds for the 5tons for $1,400 in a can. Ask some of the Florida guys about him.