• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year for title

wylec

484715_6002_233_0001.jpg
Govplanet informed me over the phone today that I need to determine the year of my deuce for the title paperwork, as it would be a liability for them to determine. Can anyone help with the SN of this truck to determine what year? Possible the "88k387" denotes 1988? (Identification #88K387 1040-11089)

Thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a thread here devoted to "Air Force Deuces", you can post your registration/serial number there if you want.

wylec

484715_6003_0_0003.jpg484715_6002_0_0004.jpg484715_6003_107_0001.jpg484715_6003_0_0006.jpg
Thanks again NDT! Sure enough, that thread calls out a few other things in the auction pictures (I still haven't seen it in person yet). Blue tag on dash, exhaust flapper, brake light on dash. I have posted/registered it on the USAF thread...

Last edited:

dilligaf13

Those Air Force deuces are definitely some of the nicest, on the whole. They're the newest, usually well maintained and lightly used. They also have the dual brake circuits. Now in the unlikely event that this one has air assist steering you'll have the Cadillac of deuces....

Waters

Air Force does the two digit year, And a letter followed by other numbers I never paid much attention to.

i can't make hide nor tail of the other branch's registration numbers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A fair number of them did have air assist. Had one that came out of Ft Gordon. Had a locked tool box full of BII and a few gallons of BFS.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
In general two digit year followed by K is an Air Force truck. 88K is basically a 1988 truck. This is also the registration number which doesn't technically have a civilian equivalent to compare it to. Army registration numbers for deuces normally began with a number then letter then number followed by either letters or numbers. There are MVPA articles and a historic database that can determine the year. I think there is also a website that has the info.

The serial number is the VIN and in your case begins with 1040 and whatever the rest of the number is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks