• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yellow Cross Painted On Hood Nose. What does it mean?

Stranger

On certain surplus auction sites you will see some M939 series vehicles with yellow crosses or "plus signs" spray painted on the nose of the hood. Often they will have "OK" painted in the same yellow color on the side of the hood as well.

Anyone know what that means? Was it a military thing? Something the surplus agent painted on?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Something the surplus agent painted on and meaning varies from place to place. Ft Riley used to mark the headlights with yellow for awhile but stopped. Some places it meant "OK" it runs rebuild it other place "OK" too much wrong get rid of it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked when they used , "DR". Does run, or don't run.:cookoo:

Contact the seller and ask...

Stranger

Contact the seller and ask...
[facepalm] Why didn't I think of that?

So, I called and asked the POC. He said the crosses were painted on to differentiate between trucks that had been released for auction and ones that hadn't been released for auction. It didn't matter in the end because the entire lot was released for auction.

He suspected the same for the "OK".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks