• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yellow headlights

swyne

I was thinking of what yellow headlights were for. I've seen them on Deuces
before and wondered if the cucv ever had them. I think it would be easier than trying to mount something on the grill guard. I've seen the spray on yellow tint and sometime ago (ebay) someone had a set of lights made by Wagner. They were yellow and had a special part number. Does anyone have any info?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

swyne

Well thanks for that info. I think I will still try it just to see for myself. Another route to go is HID headlights. You can purchase the bulb housing for $25 bucks a side and then purchase your bulbs and ballasts for roughly $60 bucks. And you can get a slew of colors. The 2 big things with HID is they only draw 35w (conventional bulbs are 55w) and visibility is tremendously better. I have HID kits in every other vehicle I have. But for the cucv I think seeing the yellow bulbs in the front makes the truck look pretty good and different.

tamangel

may want to check the New York Vehicle Code.. I suspect they would allow forward facing yellow/amber FOG lights but not that color as a primary headlight color..

Unknown if heavier truck sections would allow or not as primary..

Mike W

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I do believe the yeller lights are not legal (for headlights) and yes...i have them in some trucks. But they NEVER are on the road at night...just displayed.
They were used in Europe years ago (and in Vietnam) but they are a no no for on road use here...as far as i know.

I would check as suggested above before spending any money.:wink:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm.....France had yellow lights.....Vietnam had yellow lights.....I went to a French/Vietnamese restaurant once.......some Vietnames guys at work speak French.....hey, didn't Vietnam used to be French-Indo-China? I dunno, I'm just glad that my English is more gooder than my geography.
Alex

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm.....France had yellow lights.....Vietnam had yellow lights.....I went to a French/Vietnamese restaurant once.......some Vietnames guys at work speak French.....hey, didn't Vietnam used to be French-Indo-China? I dunno, I'm just glad that my English is more gooder than my geography.
Alex
:confused: Whuuu? I pick my nose.

CUCV85

:arrow:
Sylvania Bulb

Part No. H6054 ST
Dual Beam; w/2 Headlights
Silverstar High Performance Halogen 19.99 ea. @ Advance Auto Parts,
10x's better than $8 Stock replacements.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks